Moments in life that shaped the rest of your whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At school the some Religious study lessons consisted of the Brother coming into the classroom and asked us to open the bible and read a chapter of it for about 20 minutes. They then then fucked off to the staff room for a fag or a cup of tea, came back and punished those that they think did not read it by investigation of question and answer.
A young Missionary Brother turn up one day and announced he was our new R.E teacher. He spoke about trying to save starving children on his missionary work and his passion to try and save them. Then he fucked off and came back with a video player and let us watch the film 'Rocky'.
After the film he put the film into context by telling us all to believe in ourselves.

Years later it inspired me to work in education and know that whatever is being done can always be done in a better way if the passion and willpower is there.

Another moment is when my first buck made me into a man.:cool:

What moments can you remember that shaped the direction of your life and who you are as a person?

Too many things. It's like the Butterfly Effect.

What if I'd stayed with another boyfriend. Not decided to have children, decided to have more children. Gone travelling to different places. All of these things and thousands more have shaped my life.

I have no regrets really, except perhaps not "having a career". But it is only a perhaps.

At school the some Religious study lessons consisted of the Brother coming into the classroom and asked us to open the bible and read a chapter of it for about 20 minutes. They then then fucked off to the staff room for a fag or a cup of tea, came back and punished those that they think did not read it by investigation of question and answer.
A young Missionary Brother turn up one day and announced he was our new R.E teacher. He spoke about trying to save starving children on his missionary work and his passion to try and save them. Then he fucked off and came back with a video player and let us watch the film 'Rocky'.
After the film he put the film into context by telling us all to believe in ourselves.

Years later it inspired me to work in education and know that whatever is being done can always be done in a better way if the passion and willpower is there.

Another moment is my first buck with a man.:cool:

What moments can you remember that shaped the direction of your life and who you are as a person?
:eek: :eek:

Seriously it was going to Roker Park for the first time.
A lot of the men around me when I was a kid were seriously affected by bad experiences fighting or being PoW's in WW2. We'd know now it was PTSD. Then it was just that he'd had 'a bad war.'
Yet at the match for the first time in my life I saw the same men express emotion, be passionate, celebrate and despair because of football.
Until that time I'd experienced guys as emotional zombies who would occasionally explode into violence.
There is a serious academic study in there and when you think of the book that's just won the Booker Prize- of a son writing of his fathers experience of the death railway- it deserves better attention than this meagre description.

Get fucked.

You really are a soppy f***ing bellend!!

Seriously it was going to Roker Park for the first time.
A lot of the men around me when I was a kid were seriously affected by bad experiences fighting or being PoW's in WW2. We'd know now it was PTSD. Then it was just that he'd had 'a bad war.'
Yet at the match for the first time in my life I saw the same men express emotion, be passionate, celebrate and despair because of football.
Until that time I'd experienced guys as emotional zombies who would occasionally explode into violence.
There is a serious academic study in there and when you think of the book that's just won the Booker Prize- of a son writing of his fathers experience of the death railway- it deserves better attention than this meagre description.
Now we have got started.:D

Great post mate!;)

Death of my mam :cry:, not sticking in at college, the birth of my son :p, then death of my brother and illness of my little brother :cry:............and recently finding out I have the MLH1 mutant gene :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back