Moments in life that shaped the rest of your whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your book mate? Really interested to hear about it, how you went about researching (or was it fiction?), writing and getting it published. Maybe PM me if you don't want to braodcast the details on here?
I'd broadcast it mate but I'll probably get a ban for advertising.;)
Mine is fiction and is self published. It's easy to do for free these days, no need to go down the vanity publishing route where you have to pay someone. Happy to help where I can and can certainly prevent you from making some if the mistakes I made.
I'm never going to get rich but sales tick over. A single good review makes it all worthwhile.
Being one place above Alan Partridge in the Anazon top 20 best sellers was also a high point.;)

Going through multiple miscarriages before our first born.
It's the first time in my life that something has happened that's been out of my control, it made me look at life a different way.
I don't have kids myself but have seen so many mates go through this and be absolutely crushed by it. Certainly made me view things in a different way.

Mine is fiction and is self published. It's easy to do for free these days, no need to go down the vanity publishing route where you have to pay someone. Happy to help where I can and can certainly prevent you from making some if the mistakes I made.
I'm never going to get rich but sales tick over. A single good review makes it all worthwhile.
Being one place above Alan Partridge in the Anazon top 20 best sellers was also a high point.;)

PM me the title mate... I'll buy it and read it. I admire anybody who has made the effort to write a book. More people should do it.

How did you discover it?

I 'slipped and fell' on the Sky remote. We'd just got Sky+ as well and I paused the f***ing thing on Bargain Hunt.

Ended up coming all over David Dickinson's face.

Since then, the only way you can get it up is if you get a lass (or lad) to dress up like Davey Dickinson and put a face mask of him on? :eek:

PM me the title mate... I'll buy it and read it. I admire anybody who has made the effort to write a book. More people should do it.
I should be finishing my second one but I'm struggling to get over the finish line. On holiday at the moment and fully intended to do some work on it but not looked at it once.

This. Just give us the title man, and we'll google it ourselves. ;)
Tbh I thought everyone knew about it. It's been plugged enough over the years.
It's the one where I had a slight mishap with the cover.

I was walking down to the shop when I was about 13 and seen a bunch of smack heads outside drinking cider and off their tits.

I thought to myself I am not guna turn out like them.

15 years later I'm not a smack head woohoo.

If you can PM me as well. I'll get Mrs EJK to get it for me for Christmas

Causing a few daft and petty rows with a fiancee many years ago, which ended the relationship.
Married now but never going to have any younguns of my own; and always wonder what might (a big might I know) have happened if I'd just tried harder and been less of a bellend.

PM me the name marra. Lookin for summit new to read. (and slag off) ;)

1) Dropping out of medical school and deciding to do a Zoology degree instead.

2) Having job interviews in Southampton and Cambridge in quick succession. For a variety of reasons (primarily that I was interviewed by all of the people I'd be working with in Southampton and, aside from the boss (oldish bloke) and a cutish girl who was into sailing, the people I'd be working with were the biggest bunch oh freaks ever), I chose the Cambridge job and I'm still living here 20 years on.

3) Going to the Blue Cross 9 and a bit years ago with my then housemates and choosing the shy black and white cat who I've nurtured into a stroppy little diva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back