Moments in life that shaped the rest of your whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many things. Mostly getting together and breaking up with my two most serious girlfriends. The latest break up is going to now massively change my life because im leaving job and having to find new career.

9/11

I was a month or two into my masters degree, and I had loads of interviews lined up for graduate jobs, mostly in London/South East.

Within a couple of weeks, all the interviews had been cancelled - even people with solid job offers got similar letters saying they didn't have those jobs anymore.

Ended up back home, in my parents house, unemployed. Took a job in a bar to make a few quid, hoping the market would change.

Started to look into professional qualifications at a course in London, met up with them, started looking at flat shares etc.
Met a lass, got on well - saw an entry level IT job in Peterlee - decided to put London on hold to see how things worked out with the lass.

Married her 8 years later, having a baby in January. Still live in Peterlee.

Regret never living in London for a few years, but overall, I couldn't have been more lucky.

All because some religious nutjobs flew into my avatar.

So many things. Mostly getting together and breaking up with my two most serious girlfriends. The latest break up is going to now massively change my life because im leaving job and having to find new career.
Best of luck with this mate.

9/11

I was a month or two into my masters degree, and I had loads of interviews lined up for graduate jobs, mostly in London/South East.

Within a couple of weeks, all the interviews had been cancelled - even people with solid job offers got similar letters saying they didn't have those jobs anymore.

Ended up back home, in my parents house, unemployed. Took a job in a bar to make a few quid, hoping the market would change.

Started to look into professional qualifications at a course in London, met up with them, started looking at flat shares etc.
Met a lass, got on well - saw an entry level IT job in Peterlee - decided to put London on hold to see how things worked out with the lass.

Regret never living in London for a few years, but overall, I couldn't have been more lucky.

Congratulations.:)

Loads, but my own birth is fairly significant!

Long story, but the various events which led on to my degree.

Getting a small pack of Super Noodles in 95.

Nothing. My life has always been planned out in my head and ive pretty much followed the path I intended: college, uni, job in family business, house, marriage, kids.
The only thing that's happend unplanned was the breakdown of my marriage.

So nothing real life changing. Everyone's still alive and that.

9/11

You consider yourself extremely lucky and yet you live in Peterlee?
Well done to you for being easy pleased like marra!

Reactions: PTR
At school the some Religious study lessons consisted of the Brother coming into the classroom and asked us to open the bible and read a chapter of it for about 20 minutes. They then then fucked off to the staff room for a fag or a cup of tea, came back and punished those that they think did not read it by investigation of question and answer.
A young Missionary Brother turn up one day and announced he was our new R.E teacher. He spoke about trying to save starving children on his missionary work and his passion to try and save them. Then he fucked off and came back with a video player and let us watch the film 'Rocky'.
After the film he put the film into context by telling us all to believe in ourselves.

Years later it inspired me to work in education and know that whatever is being done can always be done in a better way if the passion and willpower is there.

Another moment is when my first buck made me into a man.:cool:

What moments can you remember that shaped the direction of your life and who you are as a person?
Love rocky like, might watch it now

Was working up here when I was 24 and spotted a job advert in London. I only applied for it so the company would pay my transport fares so I could meet up with mates who had gone to college and settled there. Ended up getting the job and living there for 23 years.

If anyone gets the chance to up sticks... take it!

9/11

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

All he had to do was kill 5000 people to get you and your lass together

You consider yourself extremely lucky and yet you live in Peterlee?
Well done to you for being easy pleased like marra!
Who's this hoop licker like

Reactions: PTR
The seperation and subsequent divorce of my parents during my GCSE years and how the events that unfolded then still play a massive part in my life almost 20 years on.

The birth of my son just over 1 year ago. You always know from the second the missus tells you she's pregnant that things are going to change forever but it's not until you've actually got him in your arms in that hospital room that you actually realise just how much things have changed.

I only have one regret in life. Back when I was younger and going out loads (and not thinking straight), went through a divorce and had the opportunity to keep the marital home (I'd missed a few payments on it already), however I decided I wanted shot of it and couldn't be bothered with any hassle so just chucked the keys back at the mortgage lender. I think my mortgage payment was about £180pm!! When we bought the house we paid around £30k and I think they now sell for around £90k. What a dafty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back