Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 'all Muslims...' quote gets wheeled out all the time by ignorant people and it does my head in, because it proves absolutely nothing.

Not all men are rapists, but all rapists are men.

Not all chocolate bars are Snickers, but all Snickers are chocolate bars.

Completely meaningless.

Whilst it is certainly true that women are treated as second class citizens in some Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia, many other Muslim countries are much more progressive. If Saudi Arabia don't allow women to drive, for example, that is a Saudi Arabia problem, not a Muslim problem.

There have been something like 8 democratically elected female heads of state (PMs, Presidents) in Muslim countries. We've had one. America - zero.

Remind me, whats islams rules on rape against a woman, how many witnesses do they need, and whats the punishment for being raped?

Remind me, whats islams rules on rape against a woman, how many witnesses do they need, and whats the punishment for being raped?
"I learnt that husbands can beat their wives providing they don't mark their faces; and that fathers who instigate their daughters' circumcisions will be rewarded in heaven, even though this abhorrent mutilation has nothing to do with religion but is a cultural practice to control women and temper their sensuality. In fact, much of the teaching, rather than being religious, was cultural and archaic."
An already archaic and extreme religion has undergone the opposite of a reformation.
http://m.smh.com.au/comment/burqas-reveal-more-about-men-than-women-20141020-118mce.html

Don't know mate, I'm talking about Muslims, not Islam. Many people see this as a Christian country, or themselves as Christians, but does that mean we all believe that homosexuals should be killed, or bald men mauled by wild boars?

All religions are open to interpretation. If you are an evil person, you will find verses in your holy book to justify what you want to do. Same goes if you're a good person. You could argue there is more evil in the world from Muslims than Christians or other religions, but it is more likely down to their culture than their religion. To hold all Muslims responsible for the actions of a few is at best ridiculous, and at worst dangerous.

People still sticking up for this shit fairy tale then I see.

Nah, I think almost everyone agrees that it is all made-up toss, what people are sticking up for are the individuals rather than bunching everyone in together. The view of non-football fans of football supporters isn't great, homophobic, misogynists who like to fight with others whilst boozed up on cheap lager, I am sure that is not the majority of football fans and most would be pissed off to be lumped in the same category. Look how much moaning there in on PF when police 'treat everyone football fan as animals', that's not because we are all, but because a few spoil it for the many.

His logic is pretty weak:

<< “In the middle of the seventh century there was a great expansion out of Arabian peninsula, and while there were a number of factors involved it is often explained at least in part as a religious movement.

“If that is the case, why would there be such a time lapse between a religious text coming into being in say 570, and a movement 60 years later? It doesn’t add up.”

Professor Thomas said the concept of a Koran that predates Mohamed would require “a radical revision of Islamic history”, adding: “I think there are substantial obstacles in the way of that.” >>

Besides 911 (not our questionable problem)

Why are they demonized in the UK? A few of my friends are of Muslim faith and the only difference is they will have a barcadi and coke instead of a pint.
Because the media they are fed are sensationalized to sell papers are people are gullible.

Not all white people are racist are they?

By thick and bigoted. Aye mate your right.

Ben is a f***ing dude btw. Came across really well compared to the rest of the sheeple on that show
WTF? Ben comes across as an asshat who can't be bothered to listen to what someone is saying before launching into what seems like a pre-planned tirade.

Sam stays calm and tries to keep the discussion logical.

Ask Bill and his cronies mate, who are making the same shit up as @WHD Dont worry Ben soon put them in their place.
:lol:

I make stuff up do I? Bullshit.
Strange as it was affleck who was making stuff up in that clip. He came across as a right knob and used the same shouty, ignorant arguments the apologists use on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back