My Credit score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does it effect your credit score?
Nope. You can check your own score as many times as you want. My credit score was shot to bits after being stitched up by a builder. I signed up to Credit Expert and paid an extortionate £15 a month so I could use it as a barometer of improvement. Worked well for me as it kept me focused on getting back on track, the £15 a month was well worth it although I wouldn't say it would be everyone's cup of tea.

I currently pay £15 a month aswell although I have no idea how to improve my credit score just by being able to see my credit report.
If you can't get credit how can you improve your score

I currently pay £15 a month aswell although I have no idea how to improve my credit score just by being able to see my credit report.
If you can't get credit how can you improve your score
Have you got credit cards? If so, keep them under 2/3 of the limit, never miss a payment and always try and pay more than minimum amount.
Don't continually apply for credit (HP, loans, store cards, etc), lots of applications will suggest you're credit hungry and can't manage you're finances.

You've got to remember that lenders are looking for proof that you can manage money sensibly. That's why some people who are loaded and cash buyers can't get credit because there's no history of how they manage money.

There's no quick fix unfortunately, if you have some debt try and borrow off friends or family and repay them back rather than the credit card companies, etc but even if you do this you'll still have to wait a few month to see a real improvement.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back