My Dog......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the dog pulls through mate. We've spent the past few months watching our youngest German Shepherd deteriorate with his hips, he's only 3.

Dogs are class until this happens.

Hope the dog pulls through mate. We've spent the past few months watching our youngest German Shepherd deteriorate with his hips, he's only 3.

Dogs are class until this happens.
3, Jesus that's young...

My Lab had hip displacia (sic) as well as other things but she was 10.

She's about 13 or 14 years old now and she is having a stroke at the minute.

She has been great all day, just had a big bowl of chicken dog food and then some of my steak and then she started acting funny, head violent swaying and she is stood and cannot move.

Took her outside to cool down and she is spinning in circles and its heartbreaking.

Now sitting with the Mrs and calming herself down but fuck me I am scared.

Loved me dog, next 24 hours are ganna be horrible.

Hated thinking that this day would come and out of no where it has.

Mine did that at the same age, but got her to the vet's, got some injections took her home nursed her, and while she was never as sprightly again, she lived another three or four years.

All the best.

Hope dog recovers, its a hard thing to go through, been there before. At least you are there for your dog to comfort it.

She's had a good nights kip. Still a bit unsteady on her feet but main thing is her eyes have stopped dartinh from side to side so thats stopped her spinning whens shes walking.

Looking positive just needs some rest and time.

Great comfort after reading articles on the net. Now she has had that episode its likely it will happen again but at least we know what to expect.

Thanks for all the concern. Really helped.

Good stuff.

When I was a kid we had a Chihuahua who developed severe epilepsy at about 18 months. Horrible to watch her lying twitching, foam coming out of her mouth and her eyes popping out of her head. But we learned to leave her alone during the fits and she lived a good while longer.

She's had a good nights kip. Still a bit unsteady on her feet but main thing is her eyes have stopped dartinh from side to side so thats stopped her spinning whens shes walking.

Great comfort after reading articles on the net. Now she has had that episode its likely it will happen again but at least we know what to expect.

Good to hear

Good to hear, fingers crossed she'll be fit enough soon so I can bump into you down the lines!

Good to hear, fingers crossed she'll be fit enough soon so I can bump into you down the lines!
Now live in Costa Del Herra mate. Misd the lines like. Gonna go next week and ride to that farm shop at Delves Lane.

Shes champion now. Still not 100% on her feet but when I got in she came to meet me at the door and jumped up for a cuddle.

Thats my girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back