Name something great about modern football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes. In the world cup and when he was an opposition player. I thought i'd said that earlier tbh. ;)

I'm happy with the lack of racism and violence at football.

You said

"I couldn't care less about opposition players nevermind players i'm not likely to see play other than in the world cup tbh".

Giving the impression you would never get the chance to see either of these players play yet you have already seen one play, which slightly confused me :lol:

Being able to watch all the games almost anywhere.
Being able to go to a game without fear you are going to get beaten up.
Treat like a human being instead of a farm animnal inside stadiums. (stadia for the latin lot)
Having players from across the world play in the league.
Not having bananas thrown at black players.
Not having thugs playing whose only attribute is being able to tackle a player from behind.

That little lot for a start.

You said

"I couldn't care less about opposition players nevermind players i'm not likely to see play other than in the world cup tbh".

Giving the impression you would never get the chance to see either of these players play yet you have already seen one play, which slightly confused me :lol:

You've misunderstood mate. I didn't care about him when he competed in our league as an opposition player. I care even less now that he's playing in a league i don't watch.

No harm done. ;)

Bovril that is hot. Pies that are hotter than the sun, as opposed to having strange white objects in the middle.

Better pitches/stadia
Less racism
The pyramid, allowing teams to come up from the lowest reaches ie Wimbledon
More flexible formations
Fewer planks up front
Virtually every nation on Earth playing football
Vanishing spray
Goal line technology
More football on TV
Every goal available on TV

My 9 year old son has now been a ST holder for 5 consecutive seasons. In the era I grew up, I would still be putting him off going to his first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back