Name something shite about modern football

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are loads of things I hate about football - the ticket prices, average players being millionaires, diving, FIFA, the Champions League, the lack of competition, SKY, the way tackling is being slowly eradicated from the game, the fact that clubs are first and foremost a commercial business....I could keep going. I still love football though. Can't help it and I've been bored waiting for the new season.

You think we should call it soccer? Aren't you from Sunderland?

There ya go, :)

Nah of course not, the intent was that the use of the word soccer is the problem with football, sold our souls for the might $$

nah I'm from that big posh place beside it, Peterlee. Tex is from Sunderland.

There ya go, :)

Nah of course not, the intent was that the use of the word soccer is the problem with football, sold our souls for the might $$

nah I'm from that big posh place beside it, Peterlee. Tex is from Sunderland.

Soccer's not new terminology to be fair. I've got a Football League Soccer Annual at my mam and dad's that's from the '70s.

Andy Townsend and other shite commentators
Ex players being paid as pundits when their voice could peal paint
Diving
Suarez
The special anfield atmosphere on European nights

All sweater stadiums
I miss standing
The new stadiums have been the death of football for me
That would be uncomfortably warm in summer mate.

The idiots in the Sol who scream"just get rid of it" as soon as any of our players have the ball in the defensive third!
The hype around the England national team!
The way every few years there is a fashionable club like Southampton last season

SAFC were good at (very) old football. We just don't seem to be able to get the hang of this modern stuff, and haven't been able to for fifty odd years. But we keep trying.

- Going to ground easily to "earn" a free-kick/penalty
- The fact that clubs/leagues are more interested in the coin they can get from "emerging markets" than they are about the people who care the most.
- official partners

Diving, and career threatening injuries miraculously cured through the power of aerosol.

Telly determining when games are played, but not telling the fans until its too late to get cheap train tickets. Then making sure supporters can't get there in time for KO or get home on the same day. The doing away of the Obstruction rules/laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back