Narcos TV Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Left Breathless

Not much cop from what I've seen sadly. Watched four episodes and packed in a few weeks ago but haven't bothered to watch again yet.

Watched it straight after Gomorrah which I loved and this just didn't cut the mustard. Is it worth getting back into like or is it much the same as early on?

Not much cop from what I've seen sadly. Watched four episodes and packed in a few weeks ago but haven't bothered to watch again yet.

Watched it straight after Gomorrah which I loved and this just didn't cut the mustard. Is it worth getting back into like or is it much the same as early on?

If you didn't like the first 4 I don't think you'll think too much of the rest. It keeps a fairly similar pace and style etc....I thought it was excellent for what it's worth

It was easy watching and interesting in parts. Like bu-bu said, if you didn't like the first four it doesn't really pick up.

Out of interest, what's Gamorrah? A series or movie?

If you didn't like the first 4 I don't think you'll think too much of the rest. It keeps a fairly similar pace and style etc....I thought it was excellent for what it's worth
Fair enough mate it just seemed a bit soft for me. I've read endless books about PE and he was a ruthless bastard but the fella who plays him almost seems like a figure of fun. Just seems all a bit soft to me.

It was easy watching and interesting in parts. Like bu-bu said, if you didn't like the first four it doesn't really pick up.

Out of interest, what's Gamorrah? A series or movie?
Tv series set in Naples about an Italian Gangster family. Bit more at Street level compared to the likes of Sopranos and a lot more violent. It was brilliant tbh. I f***ing loved it. New series being made as we speak.

Overrated IMO, still canny though
Pretty much my impression so far. I'll probably end up finishing it at some point but I'm not in a hurry.

Fair enough mate it just seemed a bit soft for me. I've read endless books about PE and he was a ruthless bastard but the fella who plays him almost seems like a figure of fun. Just seems all a bit soft to me.
I suppose he does become more ruthless yes - around the time he fails to get a spot in government. I've read books and watched docs on him and found the to series pretty accurate in terms of events and characterisations.
It's not as gritty as some tv shows out there granted, but generally I think it was very well put together. Still not convinced they couldn't have concluded in 1 series

He reminds me of someone, I can't place it.

I keep thinking Toadfish off neighbours, but I think it's someone else I'm thinking of

I give up after 1 episode. It wasn't that bad but it just didn't grip me and make me want to watch anymore. If you haven't seen Banshee give that a go, brilliant series.

Pretty much exactly the same. 4 episodes and not watched more. Not a conscious decision it's just that it's not the type of show I'll make time to watch. So it's fallen by the wayside.

Wouldn't say it was ground breaking TV, but did enjoy it. Wasn't too familiar with the history so thought it quite interesting. Unbelievable how much power, money and influence he had. A proper bastardo too

I enjoyed Narcos, but it can be a little slow and because it's half subtitled for no reason...

I'm enjoying season 2 of Gotham, they've changed it from Mafia gangsters into super villans, very good.
Loved Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Suits, GOT.

If your in the mood for something a bit different try "The Curse of Oak Island", now in the third season it's a documentary about a bunch of blokes trying to find old buried pirate/templar treasure.

Off the coast of Nova Scotia sits a small island that is a riddle wrapped in enigma.

In the 1700s, people noticed strange lights there at night, and the person sent to investigate them disappeared. Eventually, a couple of kids who rowed out to the island found a strange indentation in the ground. This discovery began a quest that goes on until this day, and has involved everyone from FDR to John Wayne.

What lies beneath Oak Island? Is it a pirate treasure or a Viking horde? An ancient Fort Knox or even a lost Biblical relic like the Ark of the Covenant? No one knows, and anyone who has tried to find out has encountered an unexpected problem -- booby-traps. Someone went to great measures to hide whatever is there, because as soon as you dig down a few feet, sea-water from various hidden, man-made channels floods the hole.

Enter the Lagina brothers from Michigan. Older brother Rickis obsessed with decoding the secrets, so his little brother and Texas oilman, Marty, spent a fortune to buy access to the island. The brothers dig deep into their pockets and deploy technology like never before. This could be it, but there will be obstacles. The island is allegedly cursed. There's an old prophecy that says "7 will die before the treasure is found." The Laginas are fully aware of the death toll so far...6.

Think I watched 5 and haven't watched it since

He's a shit Escobar anarl

I enjoyed Narcos, but it can be a little slow and because it's half subtitled for no reason...

I'm enjoying season 2 of Gotham, they've changed it from Mafia gangsters into super villans, very good.
Loved Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Suits, GOT.

If your in the mood for something a bit different try "The Curse of Oak Island", now in the third season it's a documentary about a bunch of blokes trying to find old buried pirate/templar treasure.

Off the coast of Nova Scotia sits a small island that is a riddle wrapped in enigma.

In the 1700s, people noticed strange lights there at night, and the person sent to investigate them disappeared. Eventually, a couple of kids who rowed out to the island found a strange indentation in the ground. This discovery began a quest that goes on until this day, and has involved everyone from FDR to John Wayne.

What lies beneath Oak Island? Is it a pirate treasure or a Viking horde? An ancient Fort Knox or even a lost Biblical relic like the Ark of the Covenant? No one knows, and anyone who has tried to find out has encountered an unexpected problem -- booby-traps. Someone went to great measures to hide whatever is there, because as soon as you dig down a few feet, sea-water from various hidden, man-made channels floods the hole.

Enter the Lagina brothers from Michigan. Older brother Rickis obsessed with decoding the secrets, so his little brother and Texas oilman, Marty, spent a fortune to buy access to the island. The brothers dig deep into their pockets and deploy technology like never before. This could be it, but there will be obstacles. The island is allegedly cursed. There's an old prophecy that says "7 will die before the treasure is found." The Laginas are fully aware of the death toll so far...6.

Just had a quick read about this and it's right up my street. Next to watch after Man in the High Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back