Negativity on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

The negativity on here is astounding, I've realised more than ever.
Yes, granted, we've had a poor start to the season and it's a results game. Yes some of the style of football has been poor and we deserve better.
BUT, to start piling pressure on Poyet already, disputing his style of football and his substitute decisions is absurd. When will people realise that changing manager season on season is unsustainable for the progression of a football club. We have to be patient and sadly may have to watch some poor football at times but Poyet is one of our best chances of success in the coming years assuming we get behind him, not question his ability as a manager.
In Poyet I trust
I agree totally, some fans need a reality check, but would rather choose to moan and whine. I'm not surprised this negativity has become obligatory part of supporting Sunderland. People just love to whine and moan like petulant kids, a lot of proper supporters have seen far far worse than the team we've got today.....get behind your team

I agree totally, some fans need a reality check, but would rather choose to moan and whine. I'm not surprised this negativity has become obligatory part of supporting Sunderland. People just love to whine and moan like petulant kids, a lot of proper supporters have seen far far worse than the team we've got today.....get behind your team
Some sense, finally

The only thing on here worse than the negativity, is the way people twist about people being negative. People have different views and opinions, get over it ffs. I was down qpr and Burnley and I haven't watched anything very positive, about the way we go foward, to make me think it will be anything other than another season of struggling and worrying about being in the bottom clutch of clubs. We don't create much and don't look like scoring enough. Thats not negative, thats the way it is.

I agree totally, some fans need a reality check, but would rather moan and whine. I'm not surprised this negativity has become obligatory part of supporting Sunderland. People just love to whine and moan like petulant kids, a lot of proper supporters have seen far far worse than the team we've got today.....get behind your team
I have a season card and like I say, was down qpr and burnley. Thats getting behind my team. Still doesn't mean I can be fooled into thinking we will score enough goals.

I'm not moaning at all like, but we have started who I thought we would. Poorly.

We will struggle massively unless we have some players lined up for Jan

I don't think everyone is convinced yet.

But he's not had a full season yet and still has to play knackers like Larson, so until he gets his own complete team, he shouldn't be judged too harshly.
How many decades will that be? After all, he can't buy the players he wants because there is not enough money to buy even half decent players, and he is at the mercy of a DOF.

This negative - positive lark gets ion my tits, negativity is used by sympathisers to label fans who face the truth. the truth about SAFC is "negative" so the comments by some are negative. Theres' nowt positive about struggling year in, year out. If you're the owner it could be positive if he's getting things right to make a fortune. The Udinese system is exactly that. Bet if the books were right at the season end things will change very little.

Last edited:
I'm not moaning at all like, but we have started how I thought we would. Poorly.

We need a striker for sure, but who we could attract of any sort of quality I don't know. From what I have seen so far, its a bit more than that as well. Wingers who don't stay out wide and get crosses in, that strikers thrive on. One man up front, being far too isolated and feeding on scraps. Our attacking "outlet" being vergini, who finds himself in good positions more than most, but not his fault, not having pace or attacking quality to do anything about it. Not wanting to have a go, as I like poyet and how he comes across, but we need to mix it up going foward a bit and not be so cautious. We are too predictable in how we set up. These things can all be worked on and we do have players to be more attack minded in johnson, buckley, giacc, gomez and alvarez, but sems as though poyet has his system and style of play and I like it to a point. Comes a time though in a game where we need to do something different, when its obvious we won't score or create much staying that way.

How many decades will that be? After all, he can't buy the players he wants because there is not enough money to buy even half decent players, and he is at the mercy of a DOF.

Then he should go to Short and demand that he is given the job of buying the players. I don't think we'll ever be anything more than relegation fodder though no matter who is in charge.

I'm not moaning at all like, but we have started who I thought we would. Poorly.

That is fact, but it suits the book of some to call it negative. In fact it is positive because its sending a true message to the powers that be. Blind acceptance is the NEGATIVE thing, they think things are ok when they are not.

Of course another big problem which is nothing more than the fashion of the day, is - tip, tap, tip, tap, hippity hop, clippity clop, hop and skip, hop and skip 95% possession and can't get a shot in, cries of "How did we lose that"? It's there for all to see, gutless, sterile, painful to watch, pitiful to behold, punchless, tipy tap excuse for football.

Last edited:
The negativity on here is astounding, I've realised more than ever.
Yes, granted, we've had a poor start to the season and it's a results game. Yes some of the style of football has been poor and we deserve better.
BUT, to start piling pressure on Poyet already, disputing his style of football and his substitute decisions is absurd.

:lol::lol:

Then he should go to Short and demand that he is given the job of buying the players. I don't think we'll ever be anything more than relegation fodder though no matter who is in charge.
Now! That is all about money, no matter how many bargains you buy, it takes money (fees and wages) to get the best.

Things weren't too good for most of his term last season, then he got lucky, Wickham had a brainstorm which it seems he can't repeat and Poyet (not yet Gus) got out of jail. Wonder what odds a bookie would give for that happening again?

He hasn't won or done enough yet to hold Short by the curlies.

Last edited:
I'm really not surprised we've had a bad start tbh.

People who know me will know I have said all along we will struggle. We failed to sign 3 players that had such a big impact on us last season in Ki, Borini and Alonso. I think it's astonishing that we barely improved our first team in the summer, having just survived by the skin of our teeth.

Another long hard f***ing season ahead. And who has to be put through all this shite again? Oh yeah the fans.
At the minute I think it's worse.

The only thing on here worse than the negativity, is the way people twist about people being negative. People have different views and opinions, get over it ffs. I was down qpr and Burnley and I haven't watched anything very positive, about the way we go foward, to make me think it will be anything other than another season of struggling and worrying about being in the bottom clutch of clubs. We don't create much and don't look like scoring enough. Thats not negative, thats the way it is.

I have a season card and like I say, was down qpr and burnley. Thats getting behind my team. Still doesn't mean I can be fooled into thinking we will score enough goals.

Really good post.

If that shot had gone in and not hit the post and we'd sneaked a first win then the mood would be very different. A few inches between heaven and hell. Just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back