neil lennon is the man we need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he sign ledley ki and wanyama for buttons all who are at least holding there own in the pl. He also signed van dijk all on a shoe string budget.

Promoted a fair few youths although that is easy in Scotland and one of them did score the winner v barca.
I think he has a strong personality that is needed for any success here but his reputation as a player and the stupid comments he made in the past will mean he will never be accepted by all.
Therefore I think he could be a good appointment but I would be a bit meh if he came here and results would need to do the talking.

Your correct in sayin he did bring in Ledley, Ki and Wanyama aswell as Van Dijk all decent players but he also signed the likes of Balde, Pukki, Ambrose who are garbage so he has had his fair share of donkeys in there aswell

Personally i dont think he is a good manager and defo not the man for Sunderland

Chairman and supporters have to set their sights higher than the likes of Lennon...

You're right but have you seen the bookies favourites for our next manager? Barely any of them set the pulse racing like.

Gutted Dick has turned us down tbh, he's a class above what we're likely to end up with.

won the spl when rangers were there
attractive football
big name
class scouting contacts
respected european record
bolton finished 10 pts clear of relegation. they were 3 points adrift when he got the job
As someone who errs more towards Celtic than Rangers: No.

I think he's a good manager and very underrated. Written off on this board because he's only managed in Scotland and the Championship though. When he is manager of a Premier League team and has them much higher up the table than us, then the smb will decide he is worthy of our club.

Well I'm in the minority but I think he's a canny manager. He did a good job at Bolton.

If he was on our shortlist I wouldn't mind.
I agree. I wouldn't be against it. He has European experience and seems to have good scouting contacts, as shown by Ki and Wanyama who they sold for massive profit. I think he seems like a decent bloke too but I'm unaware of any past comments which may have offended people.

I think he's a good manager and very underrated. Written off on this board because he's only managed in Scotland and the Championship though. When he is manager of a Premier League team and has them much higher up the table than us, then the smb will decide he is worthy of our club.

If that were ever to happen, the critics would be on here saying such things as: "he's come on a lot since then; he's developed as a manager" etc.

Why do people hate the fella so much? I've never understoid it. Is it just wild sectarianisn or has he actually done things which have pissed people off?

Short is an Irish-American. I doubt he would have some of the natural bias that the Rangers fanboys/sympathizers on here have against Lennon
thats bullshit , i couldn't give a shit about rangers or any of the outdated religious bigotry that exists between the two clubs, lennon has no track record that would get him a PL job , he managed one of only two clubs that matter in a mickey mouse league whilst his only rival was in a financial crisis anyway.

won the spl when rangers were there
attractive football
big name
class scouting contacts
respected european record
bolton finished 10 pts clear of relegation. they were 3 points adrift when he got the job
You mad or wat .stupid boy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back