Nerd Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crook Mackem

Striker
Whilst I am well aware there are many nerds on here, does anyone have what they consider to be a geeky / nerd hobby.

We met up with the wifes sister and her bloke today and apparently next week they are going to London dressed up as spacemen or something from Star Wars, when there they will 'depart earth' , save it and then watch one of the films. Apparently its all set up to look like the snow planet from the film. I couldnt keep a straight face, in fact i burst out laughing and took the piss.

I have heard of these trekkie types before but I never knew i knew them. Just goes to show doesnt it

Whilst I am well aware there are many nerds on here, does anyone have what they consider to be a geeky / nerd hobby.

We met up with the wifes sister and her bloke today and apparently next week they are going to London dressed up as spacemen or something from Star Wars, when there they will 'depart earth' , save it and then watch one of the films. Apparently its all set up to look like the snow planet from the film. I couldnt keep a straight face, in fact i burst out laughing and took the piss.

I have heard of these trekkie types before but I never knew i knew them. Just goes to show doesnt it

I was in London last weekend and there was something like this going on in South London as a load of them got on at Surrey Quays tube on both Saturday and Sunday nights. All dressed up in robes, khaki, etc with goggles on pretending to be star wars characters. My eldest lives down there and reckons it's something called secret cinema

I was in London last weekend and there was something like this going on in South London as a load of them got on at Surrey Quays tube on both Saturday and Sunday nights. All dressed up in robes, khaki, etc with goggles on pretending to be star wars characters. My eldest lives down there and reckons it's something called secret cinema

That rings a bell actually, he had something about it on his phone about it that i read and some pics of people who had been to one. I just kept laughing as he tried to explain it :lol::lol:

I make jewelry, I also am also pretty good at sewing (was just stitching embelishments onto a leather bag today as it happens :)).

Seems a bit daft to call it secret cinema then have hundreds of people walking to it dressed as robots and aliens etc
Think you get a text on the day to say where the location is. My youngun reckons it's in an old Daily Mail building near Canada Water in Rotherhithe as she lives just around the corner and sees them all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back