Nerd Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rod Stewart drives toy trains in his loft. He's built an American City out of Cornflakes packets etc and the train drives around them.

It's so big he's had to move house before to accommodate it. He's won awards and been on the cover of model railways monthly. Google image rod Stewart model railway

Have i mentioned that I sometimes hijack my youngest daughters computer and load up the sims and set about making certain posters on here , and if they make fun of me or i get into a ruck I put them in a room with no door and put plants next to the fireplace and burn them to death? :lol::lol:

On Football and Rugby video games I used the player editors to make people I know and if I didn't like them on a given day I'd deliberately not score a goal or try as them even if they were in a great scoring position. I'd make them pass the ball to someone else.

Random nostalgic things:
play old pokemon games in browser
build lego technic

Anyhoo, my job is generally considered extremely nerdy and my main hobby is probably the antithesis of that: powerlifting.

Although I am also interested in the history of North Western Europe from around 700AD to 1400AD. I get obsessed with things and that's the current one. Was Central Asia from the 13th century onwards before that. I think very fixated obsessions are the definition of nerdiness rather than just a catch all interest in 'sci-fi' or 'fantasy' things. People can like stuff like Star Trek without being nerds, they might just generally enjoy the programmes/films.

Have i mentioned that I sometimes hijack my youngest daughters computer and load up the sims and set about making certain posters on here , and if they make fun of me or i get into a ruck I put them in a room with no door and put plants next to the fireplace and burn them to death? :lol::lol:
That's just playing the sims. Not doing that is like playing GTA and not killing the hooker to get your money back afterwards.

Anyhoo, my job is generally considered extremely nerdy and my main hobby is probably the antithesis of that: powerlifting.

Although I am also interested in the history of North Western Europe from around 700AD to 1400AD. I get obsessed with things and that's the current one. Was Central Asia from the 13th century onwards before that. I think very fixated obsessions are the definition of nerdiness rather than just a catch all interest in 'sci-fi' or 'fantasy' things. People can like stuff like Star Trek without being nerds, they might just generally enjoy the programmes/films.

That is the difference between a geek and a nerd. A geek will like/love a subject (generally a popular one such as Lord of the Rings) whereas a nerd will have an encyclopeadic knowledge of the subject (the subject is often obscure). Not saying there's anything bad about it like, I love reading about Poland from 1914 - 2004 but I haven't attained nerd-level knowledge yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back