New day, new migrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloster Mackem

Central Defender
I can’t understand how this hasn't become number one on the agenda of European leaders. Yes we hear from the media that it is a crisis and more and more are coming, but from the reactions of the European governments and EU, you wouldn't think that they were that arsed.

The Swedish coastguard dropped off 4000+ people in Palermo on Saturday and continues most days. I was in Palermo a month ago, and I can’t understand how Sicily is coping. Italy can’t afford to support its own population never mind and extra 15,000 people a week arriving with nothing.

When will the nationals rise up and say enough is enough? Record numbers are flooding into the UK, 3x the target amount. No doubt several thousand of them already have an NHS number.

I now feel little empathy for the 400 odd people dying at sea every other day. Yes, it’s a terrible way to go but it’s continuous. I will feel even less tomorrow.

This needs to be given number one priority before it’s too late. Stop picking them up and bringing them to Europe - tow them back to Africa. I’d rather the government gave them extra aid to stay, rather than do nothing and end up paying more for them when they end up here.

More lives will be saved by refusing entry ala Australia and then helping to sort the issues out in Libya etc.

I can’t understand how this hasn't become number one on the agenda of European leaders. Yes we hear from the media that it is a crisis and more and more are coming, but from the reactions of the European governments and EU, you wouldn't think that they were that arsed.

The Swedish coastguard dropped off 4000+ people in Palermo on Saturday and continues most days. I was in Palermo a month ago, and I can’t understand how Sicily is coping. Italy can’t afford to support its own population never mind and extra 15,000 people a week arriving with nothing.

When will the nationals rise up and say enough is enough? Record numbers are flooding into the UK, 3x the target amount. No doubt several thousand of them already have an NHS number.

I now feel little empathy for the 400 odd people dying at sea every other day. Yes, it’s a terrible way to go but it’s continuous. I will feel even less tomorrow.

This needs to be given number one priority before it’s too late. Stop picking them up and bringing them to Europe - tow them back to Africa. I’d rather the government gave them extra aid to stay, rather than do nothing and end up paying more for them when they end up here.
I was just thinking this today. 70 people dead in a lorry and the first thought I had was "that's the chance you take". Not certain what that says about me - I will ponder it over a pint later.

You have to feel empathy for people trying to save their families skin.

You would do exactly the same.

Maybe so. But roles reversed, I'm sure whoever was lucky enough to be in the country I was trying to get to, wouldn't want to pay for me to come and live there.

As for saving their families skin, surely going south to the African countries that aren't war torn would be a better option than setting sail in a boat made for half as many people? Slightly simplistic but get my point.

For a lot of these migrants the west destabalised their countries. Now they are fleeing the chaos.

I blame the Internet, everyone now knows how shit their countries are in comparison to western europe now.

Also the fall of the soviet union and the EU makes it a doddle to cross Europe.

This.

Also any man that crosses the med in a rubber dinghy, travels across Europe then hangs under a truck to get into the UK, all to work in a bog selling lollies gets my respect.
Are you Frankie Boyle? He said something almost identical at a gig at the Stand a few days ago.

Swiftly followed up by "having a piss then asking a black man for a lollipop in the bogs is not something I ever saw myself doing!" :D

Are you Frankie Boyle? He said something almost identical at a gig at the Stand a few days ago.

Swiftly followed up by "having a piss then asking a black man for a lollipop in the bogs is not something I ever saw myself doing!" :D

No. I have posted this thought previously. I shall be pursuing mr Boyle for damages.

You mean that nice Mr Saddam and Gaddafi?

While they were twats, it could be said that at least the countries were both stable of sorts. And by that I mean that it could be said that those countries need to be ruled with an iron fist to keep them all in check.

While they were twats, it could be said that at least the countries were both stable of sorts. And by that I mean that it could be said that those countries need to be ruled with an iron fist to keep them all in check.
Isn't that in hindsight though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back