New day, new migrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would the stagnation in pay have nothing to do with an economic recession? What about working tax credits, do they not keep wages pinned also? A flow of migration is not just a dilution of the labour market, it is an increase in the amount of consumers, an increase in consumption is an increase in demand therefore the supply has to be upped which is going to create more jobs surely?

Do you fear much of the UK will be paved over to accommodate our expansion?

In camps, with numbers on their wrists and generic clothes provided? I forgot these were humans fleeing war.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where would you put them? There are millions of people displaced. People are put into camps when there is famine in Africa. Should we fly them all out and resettle them in Dusseldorf?

You see Nazis everywhere.

Plenty of Young Syrians that could be trained and do the job. They need work.

Will that work though H? We've trained thousands of Afghans so they can take over security and its failing. The Taliban are re-capturing towns at an alarming rate, ISIS are far more mobile and vicious.

It would be perfect if we could train them and they then manage to keep control, I just doubt it's actually possible anymore.

History has shown those place tend to need an utter bastard ruling with an iron fist. Trying to force our ways and ideals on them just doesn't work. We're all different.
Actually, history shows that is a just a never ending cycle of repression and conflict. What those regions need is to be given a period of long peace. At one point we needed an utter bastard ruling with an iron fist, then developments took place, then some conflict broke out, some more developments took place, some conflict broke out, some heads were lopped off, some developments were made. This took place over hundreds of years, not a decade. As you say forcing our ways and ideals on them doesn't work but alas, our ideas have infected their youth and it is them who we see initiating the true revolution trying to bring about real change.

Deep divisions within the religion and the different sects hate each other. They don't want and can't adapt to Western standards so why we try to keep forcing them on them I don't know. The Arab Spring was always going to be an unmitigated disaster.
And if we allow them into the EU the divisons will still exist.

Better still if we put a fraction of the effort into publicising that it is Saudis who are funding ISIS and are behind the whole concept of the Caliphate. THEN we can start to look at the true picture from a global perspective.

Everyone seems to be beating themselves up because the UK or EU aren't jumping at the beat of the drum.

I've this same thing before, why isn't the Saudis helping or even paying for it..the simple answer is they don't care

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where would you put them? There are millions of people displaced. People are put into camps when there is famine in Africa. Should we fly them all out and resettle them in Dusseldorf?

You see Nazis everywhere.
I see Nazi's everywhere, hang on a minute I am not the omega man and this is not a thread on the EU.

Where would I put them? Probably in camps, with bio-metric chips and generic clothing.

What did we do following WWII, with the millions of displaced people and that?

Better still if we put a fraction of the effort into publicising that it is Saudis who are funding ISIS and are behind the whole concept of the Caliphate. THEN we can start to look at the true picture from a global perspective.

Everyone seems to be beating themselves up because the UK or EU aren't jumping at the beat of the drum.

Absolutely mate. Not to mention what they've been up to in Pakistan. They are not our "friends".

I genuinely wonder how many members of the ruling families in Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE etc are looking at that photo and thinking, " you know what, these are fellow Muslims suffering as a direct result of our policies in the region, perhaps we should do something about it".

It's so easy to forget how complicit they are in this whole mess.
I could have a pretty good guess. Lifes very cheap to them unfortunately.

If we attack Assad, then we also attack his allies - Russia and Iran.

If we go into a ground war against ISIS, then we're up against Saudi, Qatar and UAE. (Hypocritically, they've committed to token involvement in the air campaign, yet continue to channel funding to ISIS.)

In any attack on Assad and ISIS, our main allies are the Kurds, who are currently being bombed by our NATO ally, Turkey.

To br clear; I'm not advocating we attack Assad. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to go on about our failings but that actually it's difficult to see a viable solution.

If we want solve the problem at source then that means military intervention in Syria. That would bring us into conflict with both ISIS amd Assad at the very least and might not even work.

If we want to let everyone in then they still have to get here safely, without safe transport there will only be more drownings.

To provide safe transport we'd have to secure ports in Syria to facilitate it, which again would mean massive military action. Even if we could do that, we'd then have to be able to accommodate millions both on the transport and at whatever destination.

Will that work though H? We've trained thousands of Afghans so they can take over security and its failing. The Taliban are re-capturing towns at an alarming rate, ISIS are far more mobile and vicious.

It would be perfect if we could train them and they then manage to keep control, I just doubt it's actually possible anymore.
We should have done what we did with Germany post WWII except we should have imposed a permanent form of security, from my understanding the ANA were trained up so that they could take over once forces pulled out. What it not have been a better idea to instead train them in things like carpentry, plumbing, brickwork, giving them something to live for instead of providing them the tactics to take back their country?

I see Nazi's everywhere, hang on a minute I am not the omega man and this is not a thread on the EU.

Where would I put them? Probably in camps, with bio-metric chips and generic clothing.

Where would you put the refugees? What would you do?

Where would you put the refugees? What would you do?

As you appear to have missed it I have included it again below...

Probably not but it would give them something to do.

As you appear to have missed it I have included it again below...

Okay then. Don't have a conversation.

Would the stagnation in pay have nothing to do with an economic recession? What about working tax credits, do they not keep wages pinned also? A flow of migration is not just a dilution of the labour market, it is an increase in the amount of consumers, an increase in consumption is an increase in demand therefore the supply has to be upped which is going to create more jobs surely?

Do you fear much of the UK will be paved over to accommodate our expansion?

In camps, with numbers on their wrists and generic clothes provided? I forgot these were humans fleeing war.

Didn't have you down as a friend of global capitalism.

Last edited:
If we let them in where do we put them? I assume working class areas which are already under enormous strain.

Surrey commuter belt seems a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back