New day, new migrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we let them in where do we put them? I assume working class areas which are already under enormous strain.

Surrey commuter belt seems a better option.
I'd send them to America personally, since they have the most responsibility for causing this current humanitarian crisis. Land of opportunity, built by immigrants and all that.

Plenty of people saying we should let more people in, but I've still not seen anyone suggest a practical solution as to how we stop people drowning on the way?

A train full of migrants heading towards the Austrian border has been halted by police, who have told those on board to get off.

Whilst arguing with some f***ing idiot in London on Bellend Book - I know but in my defence I cant walk due to an ankle full of gout - I started looking for some real information in response to his "all of the UKs Syrian refugees could fit in a phonebox shite".
I found this:
http://www.unhcr.org.uk/about-us/the-uk-and-asylum.html
Now maybe it is just me but about halfway down that implies that the UK has 2204 Syrian refugees. Going to there quoted source here:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_414818.pdf
On the bottom of page 25 you can see that the 2204 was asylum applications to the UK YE June 2015. There are actually over 6000 Syrian refugees in the UK.

Is this a genuine mistake by the UNHCR demonstrating their incompetence or is it deliberate demonstrating there bias against the UK? Given the general tone of the document I suspect the latter.

I strongly urge people to read this http://www.conservativehome.com/the...t-hand-theres-no-way-the-eu-can-solve-it.html It's the best piece I've read on the crisis so far.

I read it earlier. Hannan is one of the wisest politicians around and would make a very good future leader of the party. Interesting that this Conservative MEP has actually gone and made an effort to help, however slight. Of course the left wingers prefer to moan and pretend that the tragic death of a small boy whose family were trying to get to Canada can somehow be blamed on right-wing politicians in The UK.

Whilst arguing with some f***ing idiot in London on Bellend Book - I know but in my defence I cant walk due to an ankle full of gout - I started looking for some real information in response to his "all of the UKs Syrian refugees could fit in a phonebox shite".
I found this:
http://www.unhcr.org.uk/about-us/the-uk-and-asylum.html
Now maybe it is just me but about halfway down that implies that the UK has 2204 Syrian refugees. Going to there quoted source here:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_414818.pdf
On the bottom of page 25 you can see that the 2204 was asylum applications to the UK YE June 2015. There are actually over 6000 Syrian refugees in the UK.

Is this a genuine mistake by the UNHCR demonstrating their incompetence or is it deliberate demonstrating there bias against the UK? Given the general tone of the document I suspect the latter.

http://order-order.com/2015/09/03/n...ted-just-216-syrian-refugees/#:g5b4EJNMmh-R6Q

I'd send them to America personally, since they have the most responsibility for causing this current humanitarian crisis. Land of opportunity, built by immigrants and all that.

This crisis is caused by ISIS, backed by Turks and Saudis (and others), who emerged in response to Assad's intransigence (backed by Russia and Iran), who was backed into a hole by the Arab Spring, which started in Tunisia.

Tunisia's Arab Spring emerged from the regional turmoil that had followed the overthrow of Saddam and the botched aftermath. The Iraq War was caused by US neo-cons (backed by Tony Blair), who wanted to turn Iraq into the keystone of pro-Western democracy in the Middle East. They got their chance because Bin Laden attacked America. Bin Laden attacked America because US troops were on Saudi soil. US troops were on Saudi soil because they were invited in to help liberate Kuwait after Saddam invaded.

Saddam saw himself as a great pan-Arabist, and wanted to recapture the glory of the old Caliphates. The latter Caliphates were established in response to the Christian crusades. The Christian crusades were in response to a Muslim Caliphate taking Jerusalem and declaring it a holy Muslim city because Mohammed flew there once on the back of a winged horse. Mohammed was a petty warlord who styled himself as a prophet. Everything that's happened in the Middle East in the past 1200 years starts with him. He's to blame.

I read it earlier. Hannan is one of the wisest politicians around and would make a very good future leader of the party. Interesting that this Conservative MEP has actually gone and made an effort to help, however slight. Of course the left wingers prefer to moan and pretend that the tragic death of a small boy whose family were trying to get to Canada can somehow be blamed on right-wing politicians in The UK.

I agree about the future leader. He's miles better than the other candidates but I don't think he's interested in it.

Daniel Hannan article:

"A market in fake Syrian passports has sprung up, particularly in Turkey, to help migrants and refugees enter the EU, the head of Europe's border agency Frontex said on Tuesday.

"There are people who are in Turkey now who buy fake Syrian passports because they know Syrians get the right to asylum in all the member states of the European Union," Fabrice Leggeri told French radio station Europe 1.

"People who use fake Syrian passports often speak Arabic. They may come from North Africa or the Middle East but they have the profile of economic migrants," he said."

No surprise.

Probably not but it would give them something to do.

Okay then. Don't have a conversation.

Didn't have you down as a friend of global capitalism.

Don't have a conversation, have a conversation, which is it? You are saying I'm a friend of capitalism for briefly alluding to how a system based on consumption works, capitalism isn't just about consuming as I am sure you know, it is also about the exploitation of workers, not only workers but social systems put in place to support the vulnerable. I suppose employers know that if they push their employees into poverty the government will pick up the slack, perhaps the government should have more control and force an increase in wage to make up for the removal of working tax credits? Let us go one step further and pass the bill of the welfare state to all and every workplace.

Ofcourse he has helped, ask him how his coalition helped when they decided to plunge Libya into the mire? Opening up a fresh breeding grounds for the exact activities we are seeing across the who middle-east.

This crisis is caused by ISIS, backed by Turks and Saudis (and others), who emerged in response to Assad's intransigence (backed by Russia and Iran), who was backed into a hole by the Arab Spring, which started in Tunisia.

Tunisia's Arab Spring emerged from the regional turmoil that had followed the overthrow of Saddam and the botched aftermath. The Iraq War was caused by US neo-cons (backed by Tony Blair), who wanted to turn Iraq into the keystone of pro-Western democracy in the Middle East. They got their chance because Bin Laden attacked America. Bin Laden attacked America because US troops were on Saudi soil. US troops were on Saudi soil because they were invited in to help liberate Kuwait after Saddam invaded.

Saddam saw himself as a great pan-Arabist, and wanted to recapture the glory of the old Caliphates. The latter Caliphates were established in response to the Christian crusades. The Christian crusades were in response to a Muslim Caliphate taking Jerusalem and declaring it a holy Muslim city because Mohammed flew there once on the back of a winged horse. Mohammed was a petty warlord who styled himself as a prophet. Everything that's happened in the Middle East in the past 1200 years starts with him. He's to blame.

We were backing those exact rebels against Assad, when he was set to cross the 'red line', when Putin told us to back off because the information wasn't clear...?

Last edited:
Don't have a conversation, have a conversation, which is it? You are saying I'm a friend of capitalism for briefly alluding to how a system based on consumption works, capitalism isn't just about consuming as I am sure you know, it is also about the exploitation of workers, not only workers but social systems put in place to support the vulnerable. I suppose employers know that if they push their employees into poverty the government will pick up the slack, perhaps the government should have more control and force an increase in wage to make up for the removal of working tax credits? Let us go one step further and pass the bill of the welfare state to all and every workplace.

It's up to you. I assumed your what would you do answer was facetious.

I was wondering how your support for immigration (another assumption, I may be wrong) which was linked with greater proserity through greater consumption.

Employers don't push people into poverty, they pay what they can get away with. Hence my initial post. Which you disagreed with.

The government could force up the wage. Which they seem to be doing but this screws the mechanism and many people would be unemployable at the lowest wage. As I said earlier, it's supply and demand.

Just read it - cant disagree with any of his points.

Plenty of people saying we should let more people in, but I've still not seen anyone suggest a practical solution as to how we stop people drowning on the way?

Maybe we should send a few RN Vessels to ship them directly into the UK, ISIS-infiltrators and all.

The usual tossers who want to appear caring above all else without checking facts or god forbid actually doing something themselves worry me less than the UNHCR skewing facts.

A truly heartbreaking photo does not warrant the 'we must do something, anything!' reaction.

Daniel Hannan article:

"A market in fake Syrian passports has sprung up, particularly in Turkey, to help migrants and refugees enter the EU, the head of Europe's border agency Frontex said on Tuesday.

"There are people who are in Turkey now who buy fake Syrian passports because they know Syrians get the right to asylum in all the member states of the European Union," Fabrice Leggeri told French radio station Europe 1.

"People who use fake Syrian passports often speak Arabic. They may come from North Africa or the Middle East but they have the profile of economic migrants," he said."

No surprise.
Did that young lad who died have the profile of an economic migrant mate?

A truly heartbreaking photo does not warrant the 'we must do something, anything!' reaction.
How many more photos do you need to see?

Particularly when the kneejerk reaction most of the useless fuckers want will end up with more innocent children drowning or suffocating to death in absolute terror in the back of a lorry!
Hey but at least they will be able to go about all smug about their facebook post/ shitty petition / faux outrage causing the government to change direction as they drink a caramel frappachino in tax dodging Starbucks!
God I hate that type of c.unt - does it show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back