New flights from Newcastle to New York announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trial period for now like. It's up to us to make it a long term success.

Interesting,see how the prices look,watching Million dollar listing NYC while ill yesterday,looks like a canny place

How far out is Newark compared to JFK ?
About the same though JFK is a bit of a bitch if using public transport (airtrain, LIRR or subway) simple NJ Transit train journey from Newark to Penn. Taxi is the same too and both fixed prices, you pay the tolls from Newark though.

Good news for me I suppose, means no stop over in London for connecting flight. Should imagine it will be expensive and its a pity its United as its one of the shittiest carriers in the USA and can't see it being any different coming over here.

Even factoring in over night stays in hotels and travelling and car park expenses, I've found travelling from the likes of Manchester, Robin Hood etc to be much cheaper than travelling from Newcastle airport.

subject to Government approval

thats it fecked then

As others have answered, it's about the same. You can get the NJ Transit train to Penn Station. Although you have to go via the fascinating Air Bus link where about 4 people fit into each carriage. The big advantage of Newark is that 9 times out of 10 the queues at immigration are far smaller than at JFK. It can save at least an hour waiting.

Newark has a train to Penn too.

This is the second time a service from Newcastle has been announced, lets hope it works out this time.

Lets see if they charge ridiculous prices like the last airline that tried this a few years ago.

When AA tried it a few years back, it never actually happened, can't remember whether flights were ever actually on sale or not.

When AA tried it a few years back, it never actually happened, can't remember whether flights were ever actually on sale or not.

The flights were on sale and were a lot more expensive than flying via LHR or AMS. I don't think any flights actually happened due to the lack of sales/interest.

More at tripadvisor

Apparently tickets go on sale later on today.

Not much further iirc. Plenty of public transport if needed. It's not like an easy jet listing when you fly to Rome but land in France...

Easier for Jozy's adoring fans to visit.

Its Ryanair that flies to people's back yards. Easyjet fly to major airports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back