New Music Releases Thread

The Wands debut is out now. Don't know if I've posted that already. Sounds okay on first listen.

They're playing the Lexington tonight for any London based posters at a loose end.

Never thought I'd see Adult Jazz mentioned on here!

Harry was in my girlfriend's flat in our first year at university. IIRC he'd never heard a Field Music record before I put one on in their kitchen! Pretty cool listening to their record, having heard the 'development' of some of these songs at various open mic nights.

Small world eh. I'm pals with Steve (bassist) and to a lesser extent Harry and Tim. My girlfriend went to school with them. They just got back from CMJ in New York; Iceland Airwaves this weekend; sold out their London show next week. Doing very well indeed. Talented wankers.

The first of the new Mono albums is mint, second one ready to listen tomorrow

Royksopp is on spotify as well, will have a listen to that.

Still stunned by Thurston Moore on Friday. No gigs this week, Ought the following week

Ah what a sickener.

My AOTY are probably:

Ought
The Crookes
Happyness
Angel Olsen

Worthy mentions of:

Alvvays
We Cut Corners
Honeyblood
Warpaint

I'll have missed loads, my memory is shocking when it comes to end of the year lists.

Fantastic news to see Let's Buy Happiness deciding to self-release their debut. It's on sale tomorrow from their bandcamp. The north east music scene is far worse off without them.

Deptford Goth's new one is out tomorrow too.

Forgot about Wild Beasts and Post War Glamour Girls. The latter goes into my AOTY top 5, Wild Beasts miss the cut through a couple of dud tracks that let the album down a bit.

The first of the new Mono albums is mint, second one ready to listen tomorrow

Royksopp is on spotify as well, will have a listen to that.

Still stunned by Thurston Moore on Friday. No gigs this week, Ought the following week

Mono have two new albums? Cripesey O'Reilly!

Wild Smiles' album is good - a bit J&MC, a bit other bands that are similarish... recent Tindersticks release Ypres is a step into classical stuff... very good! Still compiling my best of year pyjamas.

Mono have two new albums? Cripesey O'Reilly!

Wild Smiles' album is good - a bit J&MC, a bit other bands that are similarish... recent Tindersticks release Ypres is a step into classical stuff... very good! Still compiling my best of year pyjamas.

It's a pretty unoriginal sound but it's quite a fun listen. One of those albums I doubt I'll come back to it in a years time but canny nonetheless.

Been listening to Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animal again today, I still can't into it. Stuck the debut on instead, bloody love the start of that album.

Deptford Goth's new one is good, if you liked the debut you will like this, there's not a great deal of progression. Hookworm's new one is out today too, need to give that a listen but it's not on Spotify yet, turned out canny their Newcastle date was postponed on the end.

It's a pretty unoriginal sound but it's quite a fun listen. One of those albums I doubt I'll come back to it in a years time but canny nonetheless.

Been listening to Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animal again today, I still can't into it. Stuck the debut on instead, bloody love the start of that album.

Deptford Goth's new one is good, if you liked the debut you will like this, there's not a great deal of progression. Hookworm's new one is out today too, need to give that a listen but it's not on Spotify yet, turned out canny their Newcastle date was postponed on the end.

Aye, I know what you mean about Wild Smiles. Enjoyable and brief, starts strongly but could have come out at any point in the last 30 years. Looking forward to hearing the new Hookworms. Parquet Courts - the title track is a bit of an earworm, not sure about all of the rest. Still like them a lot though!

Aye, I know what you mean about Wild Smiles. Enjoyable and brief, starts strongly but could have come out at any point in the last 30 years. Looking forward to hearing the new Hookworms. Parquet Courts - the title track is a bit of an earworm, not sure about all of the rest. Still like them a lot though!

Yeah me too, did you listen to the Parkay Quarts album/EP I linked on the last page? I prefer that to the Sunbathing Animal, even if 'Instant Disassembly' was one of my tracks of the year.

Back