New Music Releases Thread

I know it's still early in the year but that Father John Misty album is going to take some beating for my album of the year. Superb, it's the one album this year I have constantly gone back to every week.

If anyone comes across a spare standing ticket for his Shepherds Bush gig in October then get in touch...

Quite annoyed it's gone so big to be honest, fancied being a hipster with how cool I was knowing about him amongst others I'm going to Glasto with :neutral:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor streaming on the Guardian - http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...asunder-sweet-and-other-distress-album-stream

Last edited:

Hope you can get hold of one, he's great live.

Big venue so I'm hoping something will pop up later to the date, Twitter is canny for finding spares. Gunna take some getting used to buying tickets for gigs that actually sell out as opposed to the ones up here where you can pretty much just turn up to any gig on the door and pay in. :)

Think I should mention that Kingsley Chapman (of The Chapman Family) is back and here is his first song: https://soundcloud.com/kingsleychapman/olympians

One for @Crayola-Kid if no one else!

Laura Marling's album is out now too, getting good reviews, I've never been a fan really but will give it a spin.

Big venue so I'm hoping something will pop up later to the date, Twitter is canny for finding spares. Gunna take some getting used to buying tickets for gigs that actually sell out as opposed to the ones up here where you can pretty much just turn up to any gig on the door and pay in. :)

Think I should mention that Kingsley Chapman (of The Chapman Family) is back and here is his first song: https://soundcloud.com/kingsleychapman/olympians

One for @Crayola-Kid if no one else!

Laura Marling's album is out now too, getting good reviews, I've never been a fan really but will give it a spin.

I f***ing love Laura like <3

Finally got round to listening to Father John Misty album.... It's very very very good

tried Spectres as well but wasn't feeling it tonight will try again at a later date

Still waiting on my Cribs record to be delivered, bit shit as I thought it'd be delivered on Saturday, but then there was a photo of them signing records and that was only posted on Sunday.

Record itself is growing on me, really like Simple Story, read in the Guardian that Ryan recorded it in his room in Wakefield and Ric Ocasek didn't change anything from his original demo recording

Still waiting on my Cribs record to be delivered, bit shit as I thought it'd be delivered on Saturday, but then there was a photo of them signing records and that was only posted on Sunday.

Record itself is growing on me, really like Simple Story, read in the Guardian that Ryan recorded it in his room in Wakefield and Ric Ocasek didn't change anything from his original demo recording

Mine has arrived today. Surprised the vinyl isn't a gatefold. CD/DVD is pretty cool though.

Finally Free, An Ivory Hand, Pacific Time and Pink snow would be my favourites so far.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra have announced a UK tour. :cool: That's make up for missing them at the 6music Festival. No Newcastle date, sadly.

Last edited:
Mine has arrived today. Surprised the vinyl isn't a gatefold. CD/DVD is pretty cool though.

Finally Free, An Ivory Hand, Pacific Time and Pink snow would be my favourites so far.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra have announced a UK tour. :cool: That's make up for missing them at the 6music Festival. No Newcastle date, sadly.

You enjoy Yorkes new album?

Aye same, the DVD is cool, shame they focused so much on the latter era night.

Funny you should say about UMO, got tickets sorted today for the Brudenell. Nice to have connections :lol:

My local Smiths still had a few of the Joni issue on display. Didn't realise there was such a delay after the sub copies! No wonder I'm so out of touch with this modern beat music.

In Perth at the moment but Glasgow tomorrow so will check there.

Ah, cheers! The sub issues seem to arrive earlier each month now. A year or two back, I'd be expecting it this week.

You enjoy Yorkes new album?

I did indeed. Sounds like we should be getting a new Radiohead album next year too, will be interesting to see which way they go with their sound now.

Funny you should say about UMO, got tickets sorted today for the Brudenell. Nice to have connections :lol:

Lucky man. :) The final bit of my Cribs pre-order arrived today, that's the last time I'll be pre-ordering anything with them whilst they're at Sony.

I did indeed. Sounds like we should be getting a new Radiohead album next year too, will be interesting to see which way they go with their sound now.

Lucky man. :) The final bit of my Cribs pre-order arrived today, that's the last time I'll be pre-ordering anything with them whilst they're at Sony.
Aye sent some signed print out seperately for me as well. Not the best service, and I didn't even realise they'd signed to a major until their promo

Anyone listened to the Chilly Gonzalez album yet? Wasn't what I expected at all.

Also enjoyed the Jam City record on first listen.

And super excited about Godspeed! and Sufjan next week

The Julian Cope compilation is superb for someone like me who knew little by him.

Beach Beach as an indie by numbers album is canny.

And very much enjoyed the first couple of songs by the Lucid Dream, will await the album

Last edited:
Anyone listened to the Chilly Gonzalez album yet? Wasn't what I expected at all.

Also enjoyed the Jam City record on first listen.

And super excited about Godspeed! and Sufjan next week

The Julian Cope compilation is superb for someone like me who knew little by him.

Beach Beach as an indie by numbers album is canny.

And very much enjoyed the first couple of songs by the Lucid Dream, will await the album

Aye, looking forward to Godspeed! and Sufjan also. Will need to check what's on the Cope comp to see what I've got/heard and what I haven't.

I'm going to see Warpaint on Wednesday at the Sage, anyone seen them live? Any good?

How was that, James? Read a review on nemmsblog which suggested it was all-seatet. I'd have thought they would have had the front sears taken out. Only seen them at unseated venues (Academy/EOTR) where there was room for a bit of toe-tapping and jiggling about, as well as an uninterrupted view of the mesmerising Jennie Lee Linden.

I'm going to see Warpaint on Wednesday at the Sage, anyone seen them live? Any good?

How was that, James? Read a review on nemmsblog which suggested it was all-seatet. I'd have thought they would have had the front sears taken out. Only seen them at unseated venues (Academy/EOTR) where there was room for a bit of toe-tapping and jiggling about, as well as an uninterrupted view of the mesmerising Jennie Lee Linden.

Back