New Music Releases Thread

PWGG were excellent tonight. As were Tissue Culture as usual.

Canny turnout anarl, I just wish they'd somehow remove all the seats from the Cluny 2, it's shit when loads of people sit when the bands are on.

Do any regular gig goers on this thread wear ear protection? My ears are ringing worse than normal tonight after TC, thinking about some cheap earplugs for the louder gigs, any recommendations/advice? I'm not normally bothered but tonight made me realise I am probably f***ing my ears and tinnitus scares me to death.

I do, when I remember, but that's all too infrequent - it's not only good for your ears but the music sounds better, too, usually. It's just I typically get to gigs before I think about it - only been to one venue in NYC that sells them onsite

I do, when I remember, but that's all too infrequent - it's not only good for your ears but the music sounds better, too, usually. It's just I typically get to gigs before I think about it - only been to one venue in NYC that sells them onsite

Ta, I'll have to look into it, I just don't want cheap ones to ruin my experience of the music.

Mac DeMarko's new one is out tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Seated gigs can fuck off

Suede at Albert Hall, great but annoying as fuck too

Depends on the band. Albert Hall usually mixes up seating and standing, doesn't it? Pretty sure I was standing when I saw Flaming Lips there a few weeks ago.

New release wise, having listened to the new Hold Steady album, I agree with the consensus here. Simone Felice's new album is very good, similar stuff to his previous solo album and The Duke and The King stuff. Listening to Liars' newie now. This is very good but slightly odd. Takes the electronic angle of WIXIW and makes it less introspective. Designed for dancing badly to.

Just listened to that Mac DeMarco new one about 5 times in a row, it's great. If you enjoyed 2 you'll love this, if you didn't like 2 then, err, you wont - it's hardly breaking new ground.

Just listened to that Mac DeMarco new one about 5 times in a row, it's great. If you enjoyed 2 you'll love this, if you didn't like 2 then, err, you wont - it's hardly breaking new ground.

Only had chance to listen to it once all the way through, very good on first listen. Will certainly be a grower.

Quite chilled out compared to 2. The synthy song is an unexpected treat.

Yes its alot more laid back...read Pitchfork's feature on him today, he's one of those scruffy effortlessly cool annoying kids :lol:

Listened to future islands for the 2nd time today, the vocals are wonderful.

Currently giving the new Cloud Nothings a listen too, good stuff as expected

Cracking new venue down here (Ramsgate) just opened, a few mates of mine decided to open a venue and they are getting some great reviews as their sound system is so good and bands want to play there. Small venue so nice for bands to test new material etc. Mark Riley frequents quite often. Anyway not really been bothered about most of the bands as not my thing but couple coming up that definitely going to.

John Bramwell (I am Kloot) and
The Amazing Snakeheads

Back