New Music Releases Thread

Sorry if already discussed, but I just listened to the Eagulls album - had it really talked up by someone whose music opinion is typically very sound, in terms of my taste, so was really looking forward to it. Thought it was woefully meh...anyone else?

Yes its alot more laid back...read Pitchfork's feature on him today, he's one of those scruffy effortlessly cool annoying kids :lol:

Listened to future islands for the 2nd time today, the vocals are wonderful.

Currently giving the new Cloud Nothings a listen too, good stuff as expected

Hope Mac credits this bloke for sampling his tune...:lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1396460598][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry if already discussed, but I just listened to the Eagulls album - had it really talked up by someone whose music opinion is typically very sound, in terms of my taste, so was really looking forward to it. Thought it was woefully meh...anyone else?

Aye I struggled to get into it as well. Nerve Endings is the standout song by a distance, it really reminds me of Long Way Home by Shopping though, not sure why.

Last edited:

I tried really hard to like it, however after about 5-6 listens I couldn't do it anymore :lol: thought it was total shite

That Mac DeMarco album is fantastic, I've had it in my head all week.

Just listening to RATKING at the moment, their new album had a good review in The Guardian today.

Back