New Music Releases Thread

That is a fair few festivals to be going to. Not sure my guts could handle that many as much as anything, Green Man line up looks excellent!

I'm thoroughly sick tbh mate. Seen the same bands at loads of them, at least Green Man has a pretty eclectic lineup with Neutral Milk Hotel, Caribou, Ought, Kurt Vile, Sharon Van Etten etc. Probably going to take a break between this and Pitchfork Paris/Iceland Airwaves.

FKA twigs album is canny but I think a lot of the mainstream press is focused on her aesthetic rather than the tunes themselves. Solid enough though.

Benjamin Booker LP is pretty class mind - Alabama Shakes, Jack White, Ty Segall fans will love it. First stream at NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/10/337769856/first-listen-benjamin-booker-benjamin-booker

BB has just dome a couple of tracks for La Blogotheque on YouTube. Very good. Bloody love that channel.

Cheers. I'll have a listen

Any good?

Jaberwocky cancelled

What a shame

ATP, in the UK at least, seem to be getting priced out of the festival market.

ATP said a few weeks ago that there's no way Jabberwocky would be cancelled, as rumoured. They're insisting punters claim their refund via Dash Tickets, who in turn say they've already handed all the money over to ATP - and even paid advances. This is the final nail in their coffin. Absolutely no idea how to treat their core market anymore.

ATP said a few weeks ago that there's no way Jabberwocky would be cancelled, as rumoured. They're insisting punters claim their refund via Dash Tickets, who in turn say they've already handed all the money over to ATP - and even paid advances. This is the final nail in their coffin. Absolutely no idea how to treat their core market anymore.

Pretty shoddy really, especially given their complaints about the way Butlins treated them.

It was pleasant enough and I was going to have a dodge but something else came up.

You doges a bullet

Dodged a bullet*. These huge adverts on the mobile site have crippled my iPod.

The sound was abysmal tonight, I couldn't hear a word any of the three bands were saying. Really ruined the gig, gutted to be honest because I was really looking forward to this.

Mind you when you've only got one album out just play your most known songs. Happyness and Speedy Ortiz played about 7 new songs between them, way too many.

A crap gig to be honest.

Last edited:
Death from above 1979 are releasing a new album, can't wait for that although the first song from it sounds a bit different to the old stuff

Still good though

Loved Ought at Green Man yesterday. One of the few 'new' bands I've seen this year who perform like they really give a shit.

Agree, a very impressive live band, very confident and in control from the first song. Most of the people discussed on here lived up to the praise to be honest. I thought East India Youth was absolutely outstanding, in what was my preferred stage, the Walled Garden. Adult Jazz, Lanterns On The Lake and Samantha Crain were also in top form there. Elsewhere Sun Kil Moon, Jonathan Wilson, War On Drugs, First Aid Kit, Sharon Van Etten and Bill Callahan were highlights on the Mountain Stage, with Pictish Trail, Samaris and the good old Waterboys being my favourites in the Far Out Tent.

Fantastic weekend all round, not least because unlike my previous visit 4 years ago, it hardly rained at all. Food options probably outshone End Of The Road and the choice of 99 Welsh ales and ciders was hard to beat! Personal non-musical highlights for me were my team coming 2nd in the Pete Paphides/Bob Stanley Music Quiz and bumping into First Aid Kit watching Anna Calvi and turning into a bumbling teenager while I tried to take their photo!

Logon or register to see this image

A few more snaps here: Green Man 2014

Back