New recruit Rodwell reveals fitness struggles are behind slow start

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a third of the season over
That's just a fact of life, when you've played as little as him it can take 10 to 15 games to totally regain match fitness,especially for someone like him who's box to box and relies on athleticism. What's the alternative drop him?

its always going to be like that if the player can go to a better team for more money
Isn't it time that we had a club who is "better" are we simply cheapskates with no ambition, how the hopes and aspirations have taken a nose dive since the Yank started spinning his line.

He's a typical player with something to prove who will be sold the moment we can make a profit on him. That's how it's working here now and I don't see any great future in it!

Always going to be like that. Everyone at some point and most of the premier league are selling clubs. Always has been and always will be. Its how you replace the players your selling that counts.

True.....but i'm thinking more about players with their best years in front of them.......i'm not saying we can't attract them, just that it's difficult.
especially when we are not offering big money by all accounts or looking like we can become a top half team

especially when we are not offering big money by all accounts or looking like we can become a top half team

Just a thought but being serious about attracting better quality players and paying the going rate may just make us more attractive subsequently.....which may in itself lead to better performances and that elusive top half finish......a virtuous circle so to speak.

Just a thought but being serious about attracting better quality players and paying the going rate may just make us more attractive subsequently.....which may in itself lead to better performances and that elusive top half finish......a virtuous circle so to speak.
we generally don't spend much net do we

Our wage bill is up there with anyones outside the top five and Spurs..............

we generally don't spend much net do we

This is the basis of the arguments on here........some think (me included) that while it's fine to be prudent your balance sheet is ultimately only as good as the division your team ends up playing in and making sure there's enough quality at the club is of paramount importance. Others think that making the club self-sustaining as quickly as possible is an admirable aim and think we have more than enough quality at the club to avoid the trapdoor. Time will tell who made the correct call.

Our wage bill is up there with anyones outside the top five and Spurs..............

Is it shite.....:lol:

I reckon it's probably in the bottom 5 or 6 these days.

This is the basis of the arguments on here........some think (me included) that while it's fine to be prudent your balance sheet is ultimately only as good as the division your team ends up playing in and making sure there's enough quality at the club is of paramount importance. Others think that making the club self-sustaining as quickly as possible is an admirable aim and think we have more than enough quality at the club to avoid the trapdoor. Time will tell who made the correct call.

I think we have enough to stay up just but we need to spend more to get the quality to get us top ten it does seem we penny pinch at times

It was only about 5/6 million behind Evertons in the last accounts available...............

I did forget about prolific QPR but they aren't exactly a model to admire...........

Even at half fit he is an improvement on the 'Ginger Pirlo'

It was only about 5/6 million behind Evertons in the last accounts available...............

I did forget about prolific QPR but they aren't exactly a model to admire...........

It's been going down for three seasons now.....figures i've seen put it at around £55m which is comfortably among the lowest of the established PL teams......we shouldn't really compare with teams who've been newly promoted or even 2nd season clubs as they will obviously have much smaller wage bills (QPR apart) than established PL teams.

It's been going down for three seasons now.....figures i've seen put it at around £55m which is comfortably among the lowest of the established PL teams......we shouldn't really compare with teams who've been newly promoted or even 2nd season clubs as they will obviously have much smaller wage bills (QPR apart) than established PL teams.

Here's an interesting link from The Torygraph showing net spending and wage bills from 2000 up till 2011......season 07/08 is a real eye opener and probably the reason we are where are today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...pending-from-the-200001-season-to-201112.html

I thought he was pretty impressive on Saturday. Was first in the box in almost every attack - his fitness is clearly improving and (despite the bed wetting on here expecting him to be better than Messi) is showing his class

The only midfielder who regularly got into good attacking positions, which has been our biggest problem as a team. We only ever have one forward in the box and almost nobody else, so it was good so see him getting in there.

Youre wrong mate..............

2010-£46.6 million
2011-£50.6 million
2012-£63.9 million
2013-£57.8 million

Its only the decrease in the last years accounts that's taken it down but it still within £ 5million of Everton/The mags/Stoke and more than that of West ham/Wba/Swansea and Southampton........

The season before that reduction only Villa and the clubs I mentioned in the first post had higher wage bills...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back