New recruit Rodwell reveals fitness struggles are behind slow start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youre wrong mate..............

2010-£46.6 million
2011-£50.6 million
2012-£63.9 million
2013-£57.8 million

Its only the decrease in the last years accounts that's taken it down but it still within £ 5million of Everton/The mags/Stoke and more than that of West ham/Wba/Swansea and Southampton........

The season before that reduction only Villa and the clubs I mentioned in the first post had higher wage bills...........

It's going down though and i'm 100% confident that season 2013/14 would have been less than £57.8m and this season will be even lower. Let's not mention the extra £17m/season in additional tv money though....wages down, revenue up.......spending meagre.........a winning formula as long as we keep the goose laying the golden egg.

It's going down though and i'm 100% confident that season 2013/14 would have been less than £57.8m and this season will be even lower. Let's not mention the extra £17m/season in additional tv money though....wages down, revenue up.......spending meagre.........a winning formula as long as we keep the goose laying the golden egg.
I bet it wasn't to be honest...........looking at the rest of the PL stabilising it at around £58 million is probably about the mark...

The extra TV money was £30 million last season which may well see the club finally break even but it still has close to £70 million debt on the books...............

He started poorly, but grew into the game, before fading again. At least there were some positive signs though. We need him to start demanding the ball and start holding possession in good areas of the pitch and to start probing defences because we have no one that does that atm.

I bet it wasn't to be honest...........looking at the rest of the PL stabilising it at around £58 million is probably about the mark...

The extra TV money was £30 million last season which may well see the club finally break even but it still has close to £70 million debt on the books...............

Service the debt or service the team that makes the debt manageable......that is the question.

Service the debt or service the team that makes the debt manageable......that is the question.

No the original one was that we wont pay the coin necessary which the level of our wage bill tends to tell you we do.......... ;)

I think the signing of Rodwell proves that for the right player the team does get serviced..

No the original one was that we wont pay the coin necessary which the level of our wage bill tends to tell you we do.......... ;)

I think the signing of Rodwell proves that for the right player the team does get serviced..

We've made a couple of decisions (that are out in the public domain) that i feel were made for non-football related decisions. The enquiry for James McCarthy which we declined to go ahead with due to the transfer fee and the enquiry for Mo Diame which we declined to go ahead with due to the wage demands (even though it was a Bosman). We then signed a pile of steaming dog turd with the money and almost paid for it with our PL status. Subsequently we've signed a £10m CM.....who has question marks against his fitness and probably isn't as good as either McCartney or Diame even when fully fit (i realise that some people will have a differing opinion on that point).

The point i'm making is that there appears to be no real strategy at the club regarding transfers and once again we've been left short offensively by the club intimating that the money was there for Borini but failing to spend it.....and we look toothless going forward. Most of us could see this and i'm sure Gus can yet the club still seem to be prioritising servicing the debt rather than the first team.

We've made a couple of decisions (that are out in the public domain) that i feel were made for non-football related decisions. The enquiry for James McCarthy which we declined to go ahead with due to the transfer fee and the enquiry for Mo Diame which we declined to go ahead with due to the wage demands (even though it was a Bosman). We then signed a pile of steaming dog turd with the money and almost paid for it with our PL status. Subsequently we've signed a £10m CM.....who has question marks against his fitness and probably isn't as good as either McCartney or Diame even when fully fit (i realise that some people will have a differing opinion on that point).

The point i'm making is that there appears to be no real strategy at the club regarding transfers and once again we've been left short offensively by the club intimating that the money was there for Borini but failing to spend it.....and we look toothless going forward. Most of us could see this and i'm sure Gus can yet the club still seem to be prioritising servicing the debt rather than the first team.

You must not rate Rodwell at all ;)

Indeed........beg to differ hugely mate.............he was supposedly fit for all of last season but couldn't get time on the pitch..........I think Saturdays a good indication of where hes going and the lad himself has said its time on the pitch he needs..

To be he can be every bit as good and more than them.............

generally I think there is a strategy in place( Gus supposedly got most of his targets) its just that we did come up short in one major area and had we signed a forward the window wouldn have been one of the best for a good while.......

You must not rate Rodwell at all ;)

:lol::oops:

Indeed........beg to differ hugely mate.............he was supposedly fit for all of last season but couldn't get time on the pitch..........I think Saturdays a good indication of where hes going and the lad himself has said its time on the pitch he needs..

To be he can be every bit as good and more than them.............

generally I think there is a strategy in place( Gus supposedly got most of his targets) its just that we did come up short in one major area and had we signed a forward the window wouldn have been one of the best for a good while.......

I'm not doubting Rodwell's ability, i think he'll do well for us but it doesn't make sense to me to pay £10m for a player who had 8 separate hamstring injuries at City a year after you thought paying £12m for McCarthy was a bad idea.

Last edited:
:lol::oops:

I'm not doubting Rodwell's ability, i think he'll do well for us but it doesn't make sense to me to pay £10m for a player who had 8 separate hamstring injuries at City a year after you thought paying £12m for McCarthy was a bad idea.

I cant recall ever making any comment on any fee for him.............

Rodwells been fit for most of last season..............

And wheres the "eight separate hamstring injuries" quoted from??

I cant recall ever making any comment on any fee for him.............

Rodwells been fit for most of last season..............

I meant the club, not you personally....;)............and you know the score with "hammys" as much as i do.....they never really go away plus his comments today suggest he was never really fit last season.

I
He's a typical player with something to prove who will be sold the moment we can make a profit on him. That's how it's working here now and I don't see any great future in it!
I hope that I am wrong, but there is more chance of Jozy scoring 30 goals this season than us making a profit on Rodwell from what we have witnessed so far.

It was always going to take some time. Unfortunately too many believe you can hoy players in Football Manager style and after a couple of games they're match fit. It's the routine of train-play-recover-train-play-recover that he needs.

He's a fantastic signing for us, clearly has a brain.

23yr old and WILL redeiscover his Everton form. Assuming he wasn' overated by our dense fans back then haha

The press were going mad about him as a 20 yr old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back