New Star Trek film

Status
Not open for further replies.

gards2

Striker
Simon Pegg is heavily involved ffs.....In the bloody making of it. when will someone take this storyline more seriously? Make it dark..chilling, serious! For crying out loud there was minimal humour in Roddenberry's stroylines back then.

The director is going to be the fella from fast and furious. Horrible choice!!!!!!!!!!

It's been smelling of disaster for yonks. For the 50th anniversary anarl. Come back JJ.

Why's JJ Abrams not doing it?

Simon Pegg is a huge fan, unlikely he'll want to impose himself on it too much mind.

Simon Pegg is heavily involved ffs.....In the bloody making of it. when will someone take this storyline more seriously? Make it dark..chilling, serious! For crying out loud there was minimal humour in Roddenberry's stroylines back then.

The director is going to be the fella from fast and furious. Horrible choice!!!!!!!!!!

Are you *seriously* advocating Gene Roddenberry as an example to follow? No, seriously?

Are you *seriously* advocating Gene Roddenberry as an example to follow? No, seriously?
That's like saying The Beatles own work was bettered, by the bands that later covered them.

His stories and concept spawned many other ideas. Get it?

That's like saying The Beatles own work was bettered, by the bands that later covered them.

No it isn't.

His stories and concept spawned many other ideas.

As Star Trek is still going, that's a matter of historical fact. But anyone who thinks Gene Roddenberry was *good* is working from a misplaced rose-scented nostalgia that simply isn't supported by the work.

Really enjoyed the recent two Star Treks so would have loved to see him continue the series. Fingers crossed it doesn't dip too badly from here...
Couldn't agree more. Mind there's still some that would be happy with 2hrs of the Enterprise flying around resolving interplanetary stationary cupboard disputes between dull people in the conference room, once Troi has said "I feel a bit of paperclip related tension coming on Captain, third galaxy to the left".

Eh @Cockney Mackem.

Couldn't agree more. Mind there's still some that would be happy with 2hrs of the Enterprise flying around resolving interplanetary stationary cupboard disputes between dull people in the conference room, once Troi has said "I feel a bit of paperclip related tension coming on Captain, third galaxy to the left".

Eh @Cockney Mackem.

Why would Deanna Troi be on board Kirk's enterprise?

Wasn't Picard's Enterprise-D about 70-100 years after? 118, just checked.

Not as nerdy as I thought you were Roger :cry:

Voyager was miles better anyways.

As Star Trek is still going, that's a matter of historical fact. But anyone who thinks Gene Roddenberry was *good* is working from a misplaced rose-scented nostalgia that simply isn't supported by the work.
Roddenberry took credit for other peoples' good work in TOS, ballsed up TNG, and got taken off everything else by the powers that be at Paramount.

That said, it was his tenacity that got it going in the first place, so credit to him. Always strikes me as a bit of a Shatner situation - the bloke's a dickhead but he was instrumental and irreplaceable in making ST what it was and is.

Why would Deanna Troi be on board Kirk's enterprise?

Wasn't Picard's Enterprise-D about 70-100 years after? 118, just checked.

Not as nerdy as I thought you were Roger :cry:

Voyager was miles better anyways.
She wouldn't. It refers to a previous discussion in which CM was wrong.

Voyager was indeed very good. Spiritual successor to TOS. You can throw the rest away, apart from half of the movies and a handful of exceptional TNG episodes.

And if you doubt my ST nerdiness credentials, I can tell you why Scotty calls Kirk "Mr. Perfect Hair" in Into Darkness, without Googling. Can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
'
Roddenberry took credit for other peoples' good work in TOS, ballsed up TNG, and got taken off everything else by the powers that be at Paramount.

That said, it was his tenacity that got it going in the first place, so credit to him. Always strikes me as a bit of a Shatner situation - the bloke's a dickhead but he was instrumental and irreplaceable in making ST what it was and is.

She wouldn't. It refers to a previous discussion in which CM was wrong.

Voyager was indeed very good. Spiritual successor to TOS. You can throw the rest away, apart from half of the movies and a handful of exceptional TNG episodes.

And if you doubt my ST nerdiness credentials, I can tell you why Scotty calls Kirk "Mr. Perfect Hair" in Into Darkness, without Googling. Can you?

Nah, I don't like TOS. Can't get away with it. TNG, VOY and the ill-fated but enjoyable Enterprise, fine. DS9 and TOS? Vile, IMO

Why does he call him Mr. Perfect Hair? Presumably a TOS reference I never got.

Star Trek (2009) is my favourite film ever. It has everything from the very lovely Jennifer Morrison to, well, everything else :lol:

'

Nah, I don't like TOS. Can't get away with it. TNG, VOY and the ill-fated but enjoyable Enterprise, fine. DS9 and TOS? Vile, IMO

Why does he call him Mr. Perfect Hair? Presumably a TOS reference I never got.

Star Trek (2009) is my favourite film ever. It has everything from the very lovely Jennifer Morrison to, well, everything else :lol:
TOS and DS9 are the best man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back