Nexus 7 running Lollipop 5.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaker

Winger
Anyone else updated from KitKat to Lollipop and having trouble accessing this website since the update?

No problems on my iPhone, my laptop or the missus' Hudl2 (running KitKat)

Pages don't load, and if they do its really laggy. Tried clearing the cache and whatnot but its not working.

Apple just works.... Blah blah etc etc

I did the other day and it was dead slow loading pages on here but other sites were fine.

I think it might still be slow but it's upstairs and I'm posting from my phone.

I did the other day and it was dead slow loading pages on here but other sites were fine.

I think it might still be slow but it's upstairs and I'm posting from my phone.

Might roll back to kitkat then. Knew I should have waited a bit.

Slowed mine down a lot. Mind you I also installed Hotspotshield at about the same time and that made it much worse so that's been hoyed off.

The wife's has been in a bootloop since I tried to install it, downloaded a tool kit onto the laptop but it's still fucked.
Lost patience with it now and stuck it in a drawer.

Mine was running like a bag of shite. Formatted the fucker. Lot better now, still becomes unusable after a while which requires a full reboot to function properly, but better than what it was.

My 2013 version has just been offered the update today but I am going to hold on. Still on 4.4.4 and the BBC Iplayer app does not work correctly but it works on my phone so can live without it. Wife has a 2012 and that has been buggy since the update but done a few tweaks and it seems better now. They have fixed the Iplayer issue for that one though which is what she mainly uses it for.

My 2013 version has just been offered the update today but I am going to hold on. Still on 4.4.4 and the BBC Iplayer app does not work correctly but it works on my phone so can live without it. Wife has a 2012 and that has been buggy since the update but done a few tweaks and it seems better now. They have fixed the Iplayer issue for that one though which is what she mainly uses it for.
Have you switched to the ART runtime? That seemed to make mine nippier. That and the multiuser feature are the two reasons to get Lolipop for most people IMHO, and we already have them in 4.4.4.

My 2012 Nexus was running like shite since the 5.0 update, even after waiting weeks for a fix (5.0.2 update) it was still crap.
When I looked on the forums it looks like there are widespread problems running Android 5 on a 2012 Nexus. Looks to me like it wasn't tested properly and as a developer myself I have to say I would be ashamed to release such crappy code. The cynical side of me wonders if this is a marketing ploy to get everyone to buy new tablets.
In future I will never upgrade major versions of Android without waiting a couple of weeks and before checking forums for problems.

However, completely unrelated (I think), my nexus has now died and will not switch on

Mine's a 2012 Nexus as well - seems to be common that they've been buggered up by it quite badly.

(Edited since the toddler managed to submit a half-typed post)

Mine also running like a 1970's Lada with the 5.0.2 upgrade.

Plus it died last year and needed a new Motherboard. Its a 2012 BTW.

Not happy, how do you reverse upgrade ??

If it is a cynical marketing ploy, it'll be driving me to Apple, not another Nexus.

I've also problems with my nexus 7 since upgrading to lollipop and the upgrade to 5.0.2 hasn't helped either. I have scoured the forums ect and tried everything including a factory data reset!

Most things run fine such as aps and games but the root of the problem for me seems to be Crome and now after reading this thread "This Website"! most pages run and load fine apart from readytogo.net. It starts fine but after about 2-3 mins just slows down considerably. I get error messages saying crome isn't responding. Cancel, Wit or Ok on the screen.

What gets me is that crome runs fine on my Nexus 5 with the upgrade.

Been thinking about the Nexus 9 for a while but its a little to big for what I want. The 7 is just a nice size.

Has anyone upgraded from the 7 to the 9? Worth it?​

Not happy, how do you reverse upgrade ??
There is no uninstall update option. The only way is to install a toolkit and use that to reinstall from another image. There are descriptions of how to do it on the internet forums. Unless you are technically savvy I wouldn't advise it

Mine is running OK'ish but if I want to copy and paste something I get a box saying 'you're connection to this site is not private' ? What's all that about??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back