Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went round fat retarded lasses house whilst still at school to "see what its like to get laid before I kill myself". That outlook continued til the day he died. Christ it was such a sad existence for such a beautiful and talented man.

Really want to see it, is it only running until Friday ?

Not sure, just what id heard. Google Tynemouth cinema listings.

Don't think he was all that arsed to be fair, he was probably relentlessly pursued by Courtney and felt flattered but didn't have the mental strength to resist. Some people just "settle" for someone, sad really - I guess their mutual love of heroin didn't help either (things in common and all that jazz :neutral:).

She claimed she only thought about cheating on him when he tried (again) to kill himself. He saw that as the ultimate betrayal. He simply craved love.

Last edited:

They were something else. Some of Kurt's guitar playing is so superb and yet so weird that, although he's not as good a player, is in that same realm of genius as Jonny Greenwood.

And Grohl is just a phenomenal drummer. Saw him once with QOTSA and I couldn't watch anyone or anything else.

They were something else. Some of Kurt's guitar playing is so superb and yet so weird that, although he's not as good a player, is in that same realm of genius as Jonny Greenwood.

And Grohl is just a phenomenal drummer. Saw him once with QOTSA and I couldn't watch anyone or anything else.

Fully agreed.

Won't ever quite forgive Kurt though cos his action indirectly led to the Foo Fighters

I didn't but it doesn't surprise me.

Krist, on the film, still seemed very cut up about it. We all had troubles, but I had beer and wine, whilst Kurt had heroin.
It'll have fucked Dave up too, he didn't feature on the film as he was busy filming elsewhere - but then when he was available the producer didn't allow him to contribute saying the film had been finished. Shame really, Daves input would have been nice.

Did you know that Krist and Dave have never performed any numbers by Nirvana at all since Kurt died ?
They hadn't until last year when they performed with a few different female artists at nirvanas induction into the hall of fame.

It'll have fucked Dave up too, he didn't feature on the film as he was busy filming elsewhere - but then when he was available the producer didn't allow him to contribute saying the film had been finished. Shame really, Daves input would have been nice.
Grohl did do an interview for the film. It was just done too late to be included in the theatrical release. They had to lock that down for sundance I think. It'll be on future cuts of the film. Prob the blu Ray or directors cut.

Seen it tonight at Tyneside cinema. A brilliant film, very insightful and moving. What a delicate human being he was.
Aye. My wife was saying how fucked up can your parents actually make you. He was passed from pillar to post and his mother was full of shit in that film. She cuffed him off at the first hurdle.

I thought after seeing the films Courtney actually seemed very good for him and that was the most normal he ever was. He looked happy and relatively fit doing In Utero and then that getting back into the spotlight was the end for him.

Wouldn't say I enjoyed it but it has totally changed my mind about the whole thing.

In the 'Where did you sleep last night' song when he stops and breaths out and looks up, a shiver went down my spine when I first seen that, as cringey as that sounds, certainly put everything into that performance.
"...the whole... night... throuuuggghhh...." just after, is one of the best things I have ever heard recorded. I am of the firm belief you do not possess a soul if you are unable to be moved by such performances. Like you say, he gives 100%.

I have foolishly attempted to sing this song in the manner Kurt does (strictly in private mind) and it completely and utterly destroys my voice/throat :neutral::lol:

I didn't but it doesn't surprise me.

Krist, on the film, still seemed very cut up about it. We all had troubles, but I had beer and wine, whilst Kurt had heroin.
Krist seemed like a victim of summat horrible. You can tell he hates talking about it.

They hadn't until last year when they performed with a few different female artists at nirvanas induction into the hall of fame.

Grohl did do an interview for the film. It was just done too late to be included in the theatrical release. They had to lock that down for sundance I think. It'll be on future cuts of the film. Prob the blu Ray or directors cut.
Just watched the whole of the hall of fame video there, the woman from Sonic Youth f***ing murdered Aneurysm like, jesus :lol:

Krist seemed like a victim of summat horrible. You can tell he hates talking about it.
What do you mean ?

Aye. My wife was saying how fucked up can your parents actually make you. He was passed from pillar to post and his mother was full of shit in that film. She cuffed him off at the first hurdle.

I thought after seeing the films Courtney actually seemed very good for him and that was the most normal he ever was. He looked happy and relatively fit doing In Utero and then that getting back into the spotlight was the end for him.

Wouldn't say I enjoyed it but it has totally changed my mind about the whole thing.

Totally agree about mother but not so sure about Courtney. Not saying she was at fault, but someone a little more stable rather than a fellow rock star and junky might have been better? Perhaps he was always going to be attracted to someone like her though really.

A haunted man.

Just watched the whole of the hall of fame video there, the woman from Sonic Youth f***ing murdered Aneurysm like, jesus :lol:

What do you mean ?
Well he watched his friend get into heroin and then fall apart to an absolute mess of a person with no real option other than to take his own life.

When you see the film you'll see what I mean. He looks very sad and regretful about the whole thing.

Totally agree about mother but not so sure about Courtney. Not saying she was at fault, but someone a little more stable rather than a fellow rock star and junky might have been better? Perhaps he was always going to be attracted to someone like her though really.

A haunted man.
According to Kurt she was the "best fuck in the world" apparently too ;)

Well he watched his friend get into heroin and then fall apart to an absolute mess of a person with no real option other than to take his own life.

When you see the film you'll see what I mean. He looks very sad and regretful about the whole thing.
I thought that's what you were getting at, a haunted man as Dangermows says.

A haunted man.
She in my view appeared to prolong his life. With what he had going on he was never going to last very long. His mind was totally broken and probably unfixable. Having his daughter seemed to make him happy. Doubtful many other women would have been able to handle him.

She in my view appeared to prolong his life. With what he had going on he was never going to last very long. His mind was totally broken and probably unfixable. Having his daughter seemed to make him happy. Doubtful many other women would have been able to handle him.

Yeah good point. Was a suicide waiting to happy. Was third time lucky.

The love for his daughter is what finally tipped him according to his suicide note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back