Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah good point. Was a suicide waiting to happy. Was third time lucky.
The film is a perfect example of when people are wrong about all suicide being selfish. Every case is different and he couldn't go on. I totally sympathise with him in that respect.

Given how much about his daughter he must have been in the darkest of places to actually kill himself.

was at this gig, can't believe the whole thing is up on youtube.
Would love to say they were brilliant but Kurt just wasnt into it, it was their first arena gig, rescheduled from a really small venue gig that was cancelled and then smells like teen spirit blew up. Kurt didnt seem like he wanted to be there.
Teenage Fanclub blew them off the stage.

They were actually meant to be playing the same venue the night that he was found dead

Would love to say they were brilliant but Kurt just wasnt into it, it was their first arena gig, rescheduled from a really small venue gig that was cancelled and then smells like teen spirit blew up. Kurt didnt seem like he wanted to be there.

They were actually meant to be playing the same venue the night that he was found dead

They were due to play 3/4 nights at Brixton Academy around the time he died too.

There appears to be anywhere between 250,000 to half a million people who claim to have had tickets for the gigs...

Absolutely brilliant and paved the way for 90s guitar music and blow all that 80s shite right out of the water.

Fame and fortune was all too much for Cobain. I never tire of watching docs about them.

They were due to play 3/4 nights at Brixton Academy around the time he died too.

There appears to be anywhere between 250,000 to half a million people who claim to have had tickets for the gigs...
Like a gig they did in Dublin around the time of bleach supporting sonic youth. If everyone who claimed to have been at the gig actually was Dublin would've been a very quiet city that night!

Didn't have tickets for the gig the night he was found. Think I had gone off them because they had got popular (as only teenage music snobs can do!). Went to see buffalo Tom that night who started their set by dedicating the amazing tailights fade to kurt.

Incredible. It's the sharp in take of breath on Where Did You Sleep before the last line that always got me

I hate the conversation of, waste of talent and that. He'd probably just be a Eddie Vedder or Michael Stipe. Fade away as opposed to burn out.
It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Have I misunderstood your post? He was found dead at his home in Seattle. How were they supposed to be playing in Dublin that night?

Ignore my last post. I've just realised you said the day he was found. Which makes sense considering he wasn't found for several days.

On another note, they're the one band out of all those who have gone before who I'd choose to see if I could go back in time. I was only 11 when he died so was only just getting into music myself but it wasn't until I was about 16 that I discovered Nirvana. Absolutely love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back