Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my pal Darren buying a Nissan car aged 42 which was fitting as he's a virgin

Was a macalpine worker dug thru the main power cable with a jcb outside somewhere

Always thought of it as a big white elephant, not only on the cost but also the demand for electric cars.
The ideology of it was flawed from the very start.
Was always a risky idea, mate of mine rekons the council in newcastle are removing a few charging points in the centre because most are unused

About sums it up
"Former Nissan second-in-command Carlos Tavares, racing to beat the Renault Zoe to market, cut Leaf development by a year and skipped a critical battery redesign, according to alliance veterans. Nissan later cut prices, settled a class action and offered retroactive warranties to answer customer concerns about battery deterioration. Tavares now heads PSA Peugeot Citroen.

His Renault archrival at the time, Patrick Pelata, signed a confidentiality deal with LG that meant Nissan battery engineers never even knew what they were up against.

Against that backdrop, the atmosphere may be charged when Nissan engineering boss Hideyuki Sakamoto puts final arguments against the outsourcing plan in a presentation to Ghosn as soon as this week.

But the CEO's mind may be all but made up".

Was always a risky idea, mate of mine rekons the council in newcastle are removing a few charging points in the centre because most are unused

The thinking behind it was that something like 90% of people drove 100 miles or less a week, how they came up with that I've no idea and they seemed to forget that with a normal car you can drive anywhere you want without any real problems.

Sometimes people get things very wrong, sadly it's not those who suffer the consequences.

The thinking behind it was that something like 90% of people drove 100 miles or less a week, how they came up with that I've no idea and they seemed to forget that with a normal car you can drive anywhere you want without any real problems.

Sometimes people get things very wrong, sadly it's not those who suffer the consequences.

Yep. It's sad but true.

In terms of future cars the only realistic way forward at present is hydrogen.

There's no way people will accept spending hours waiting for an electric car to charge, then dribble to a halt 60-70 miles later when now you can spend 3 minutes, fill the tank with fuel and drive 400-500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back