Norwich away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at our remaining away games there and seeing which ones I fancy. Never been to Norwich and wondering the best way of travel to get there from up here, ie trains etc. Obviously there is a bus option, but worked down there in the past and it was a twat of a drive. Anyone travelled by train before? Same day or overnighter?

@Norwich Red n White What's your normal means of getting up for a match mate?
Seem to remember him saying he drives up? Unless we have more than one based in Norwich/Norfolk. Come to think of it I'm sure we have.

Might do with the stopover. Plenty of accommodation so assuming it's not switched to Monday you could make a Saturday/Sunday of it. Plenty of time to decide. Early Saturday train to avoid the A17/A47 traffic.

You aware there's a Holiday Inn at the ground now?
Never been mate. Looks like a stoppy over job.

In all seriousness, fly to Amsterdam, then fly to Norwich. It'll take a couple of hours. It'll probably be cheaper than the train. This is not at all serious.

Last edited:
Trains with a rail card just over £28 apiece. Obviously I've just gone ahead 11 weeks. So just over £101 for an overnighter.
I've just had a quick look and its over 100 quid return same day. Haven't had a proper scout about, but looked on train line. No surprise the 3 away grounds I haven't been to, Norwich, Southampton and Swansea. The 3 biggest Fuck ons and expense to get to.

Just looking at our remaining away games there and seeing which ones I fancy. Never been to Norwich and wondering the best way of travel to get there from up here, ie trains etc. Obviously there is a bus option, but worked down there in the past and it was a twat of a drive. Anyone travelled by train before? Same day or overnighter?

Quickest way to Norwich is Ferry over to Norway, then catch a boat to Lowestoft, then A146 to Norwich.

Train to Peterborough change for Norwich best way by Train

Good idea, picking up fans along the coast as you come up;)

Now you've done it :rolleyes:

Over the last 40 years, following the Lads, I've done some truly insane things with no encouragement ....

.... with the slightest encouragement I'm capable of anything, watch this space ;)

I've just had a quick look and its over 100 quid return same day. Haven't had a proper scout about, but looked on train line. No surprise the 3 away grounds I haven't been to, Norwich, Southampton and Swansea. The 3 biggest Fuck ons and expense to get to.
Don't forget to book each leg as single trips to get the best price. Go on virgin site. You may find a railcard saves 30% - handy if you plan a few trips.

Went in 1990 on the supporters bus. A nightmare journey on bus. Train is by far the best way imo

Went in 1990 on the supporters bus. A nightmare journey on bus. Train is by far the best way imo
Worked there in the past and it was a nightmare in the van. Going on the bus, think I'd rather not bother tbh. Checked the route and it can be done in a day via Peterborough, but will be expensive.

20 minutes along the A47. Piece of piss.
How long tomorrow though mate for the match? ;)

£66 return of it was 3 month today :eek:

Last edited:
Nightmare bus journey last time on the way back 2 diversions on the way back because of incidents on the a1 .Still a really good day out like even though we played shite and in all honesty really thought we were gone and they would stay up but what a dramatic turn around in the end .They went ,we stayed :D

Nightmare bus journey last time on the way back 2 diversions on the way back because of incidents on the a1 .Still a really good day out like even though we played shite and in all honesty really thought we were gone and they would stay up but what a dramatic turn around in the end .They went ,we stayed :D
Just remembered that - a right mare coming back. Not sure which way to do it this time as have probably done coach a dozen times over the years. Car twice with overnight stay. I don't mind coach trips as go regularly to all the lomg-hauls Southampton, Swansea, etc. Will decide nearer time ....

Advanced tickets won't be out yet, check 12 weeks before the match and it'll be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back