Nothing has changed in 50 years-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDENOLDIE

Midfield
I wake after a fitful nights sleep. I'm awake INSTANTLY. Even then, adrenaline starts to flow as the realisation it's THAT day hits. A wry smile appears om my face as the thought that I'm going to drink rather a lot today
filters into my cranial cavities. Hmmmmmm, Spoons brekkies are canny and the lads are going up, I better tootle along and join them---
Christ, is THAT all the time is? HUH! Still 4 hours to go, dammit. Happy happy thoughts of Fletch rising gracefully above a hapless Alnwick bring a grin, and , a fervent hope that yes, we're gonna do it, a four timer.
Another thought passes---Cant wait for the media pics of crying, or livid horsepunchers. A slight shiver at the thought of a Larsson free kick arcing gracefully, and seemingly in slow motion, into the top left hand corner while Alnwick, looks dumbfounded. As our first goal goes in, staying out on the drink very much more likely, ahhhhhhh.
My mouth is just a little dry, my palms a little sweaty, and both will get worse as 1.30 approaches.

God I love derbies, and yes nothing has changed for me in 50 years,and I hope it never does. It keeps me alive, restores my youth , and brings smiles to my face that only derbies can bring.

HAWAY THE LAAAAAAAADS !

Stopped reading at 'Spoons brekkies are canny'.

Obviously a WUM.

I can't stop picturing Altidore reeling away after making it 3 late on. It would just be the most unbelievable sight for a very long time and would be the icing on the cake on an amazing run against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back