Nuisance Phone Calls

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Was furious last week as I'd been at the hospital all day on the day when my Dad was very poorly and it was touch and go. Got home shattered and was laying on the sofa relaxing then at 8.55pm the phone rang. Jumped up in a panic thinking it was the hospital, and it was bloody recorded message about solar panels. Utter fuckwits :evil:

Thing to do is answer tell them to hang on whilst you get the person they've asked for then continue what you were doing until they hang up. Mine went from 4 or 5 week to once in a blue moon.

Recorded messages are the worst like. "We could not be bothered to employ a student to read a script at you so please listen to this advert". Does anyone actually sit through listening to it?

I don't like the fishing ones either. My wife had one the other day "Hi, I'm calling about the motor accident you had in the last 3 years". She told them to get stuffed where as I'd have been tempted to string them along. "I can still hear the screams...the screams...they come to me in the night....get them out of my head...."

BT6500 ( or something like that) Allows you to screen your calls. Block international and withheld numbers. If they ring it goes straight to answer phone. If it is someone important, they can leave a message and I will call back

I get loads of these,every day and as late as 9-00 pm.I rarely answer the home phone now.My wife almost always answers.I get them on my mobile as well,though i can screen them and ignore if i choose.I also leave the answerphone on all the time.

Four today....solar panels, boilers and ppi ones...Ive turned the ringer off now....twats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back