Nuisance Phone Calls

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

quite easy to change your landline number these days iirc.
That's the worst thing you can do as it takes up to three months to get on the no call list.

We moved house recently and it was a nightmare, some people trying to sell us water softening equipment and service with a 'free' $50 Walmart voucher, I took five calls from them in one morning. The fifth caller's ears are probably still ringing now.

I really really hate your screen name. It's redolent, to the imaginative mind, of some chagrined spacker who decides to lash out over a perceived injustice or withheld entitlement by gunning down droves of christmas shoppers in a crowded mall, with his famous last words being "NOMOREFALSDAWNS". Add to that the utter shit you post and it makes my f***ing blood boil, boil I tell you!
f***ing brilliant :lol:

The Microsoft "Errors in the computer Event Log" is my favourite. I used to get 3 of them every day when working from home (which is a real eye opener on how often the fecking phone does ring in the day with bullshit calls). I had a little challenge to see if I could beat my longest time (at their expense) on the phone. My record was 5 minutes. Once I got all the way to the hand-rubbing stage where the monkeys with the script hand over to the next level sales team. It was only then that we both realised looking at my microwave and not the laptop. Another time it transpired I was using a Mac not a Windows machine. I was amazed that an Indian person had such a grasp of English profanities.

Other tactics are just to say "Hang on I'll just go and get him...." then leave the phone off the hook at their expense.
Or just test the smoke alarm is working... down the phone.

Should be a criminal offense for companies to cold call private numbers.

Of course it would be impossible to police as alot of these calls are made from outside the UK.

Some of it is borderline harassment though.

Bit of a crusade with me this. The law on harassment boils down to it being an offence if someone's knowingly causing another harassment, alarm or distress by contacting them. People would get round this by saying when they got to court, that they didn't know it was causing the other person harassment alarm or distress. If you therefore, tell them they're causing you harassment and they ring back, technically that is the offence complete( unless they have a legitimately held belief that they've a right to pursue thou for a debt for example). As you say difficult to police but that's not your problem, it's the polices.

Had 4 in about an hour and a half. Is there owt you can do to stop the annoying foreign wankers ringing you?

That's the worst thing you can do as it takes up to three months to get on the no call list.

We moved house recently and it was a nightmare, some people trying to sell us water softening equipment and service with a 'free' $50 Walmart voucher, I took five calls from them in one morning. The fifth caller's ears are probably still ringing now.

It's shite like. I thought I'd get away with it when I moved into my own place, but I get 2 every morning around the same time - recorded messages. I think only the bank has my landline number - fuck knows where these telemarketing calls get it from

Changed phone/BB provider from BT to Plusnet. Slightly different number but haven't had a problem for 3 Mths now. Could just be luck. Fuck knows

bt8500 is the boy for this sort of thing, have not had one since we got it. it blocks the calls before the phone even rings, so only people you have in your contacts list gets through unchallenged, everybody else has to announce who they are or they dont get through at all, so every auto dialler instantly is blocked, you can blanket block international numbers as well

the older bt6500 was limited to only about 20 numbers it could remember..this one blocks everything you dont want to listen to

I got very mischievous with a double glazing gadgie who kept phoning a few years back, I give in and asked for a quote for a conservatory. Bloke came out and realised we lived in a first floor flat. He lost the plot, asked me if I was taking the piss, I asked him if he understood "no thanks "
I just blow raspberrys now or say pardon to people tring to claim for dodgy Toby jugs.

I hardly get any, but I am very careful where I share my phone number.

this . you never know who is selling your number. had a stand alone (cracked) version of 192.com and it got some of info of goverment voting stuff, that people put there number on and could search for people & see who lived in there house , DOB etc etc & neighbours info (scary stuff)

the best one I did on cold phone calls , was put a pretend password on line, no password no call/sales :lol: one bloke from india/somewhere rang and just said there is no password and carried reading his script, let him get to end and said sorry wrong password & hung up, these call's go round in 2/3 month cycles , so he rang bank in a few month and when i asked for password he said ohhhhh its you and hang up :lol:

I'm waiting on the your pc has a virus call, going to say I'm a doctor and can detect they got a virus also and not to panick as its EBOLA and for 59.99 I'll get rid of it over phone :eek:

Sick to bloody death of coming back from graft to see 3 messages on the phone and 5+ missed calls, all "International" and every message is recorded saying i've qualified for a government something or other funded boiler. I don't answer the phone on weekends unless I know the number. :evil:

Sick to bloody death of coming back from graft to see 3 messages on the phone and 5+ missed calls, all "International" and every message is recorded saying i've qualified for a government something or other funded boiler. I don't answer the phone on weekends unless I know the number. :evil:

Hey man did you know that you qualify for a Government funded boiler ? We, the government have decided to give a free boiler to all the crabby kernts who are to mean to heat their Gaffs.

You are top of the list my friend your free boiler can be installed for the once only special price of £1000.00 + vat.

Interested ?

I just sacked off my land-line altogether. In the days of mobile phone contracts they are virtually redundant anyway. Get far less shite on a mobile, and any you do there's free apps that will block them at the press of a button.

Someone rang me the other day saying i may be due compo for the accident i had 2yr ago !

Been rackin my brains and the only accident i can think of is i farted and followed through. But how do these companies know that and how much will i get?

this . you never know who is selling your number. had a stand alone (cracked) version of 192.com and it got some of info of goverment voting stuff, that people put there number on and could search for people & see who lived in there house , DOB etc etc & neighbours info (scary stuff)

the best one I did on cold phone calls , was put a pretend password on line, no password no call/sales :lol: one bloke from india/somewhere rang and just said there is no password and carried reading his script, let him get to end and said sorry wrong password & hung up, these call's go round in 2/3 month cycles , so he rang bank in a few month and when i asked for password he said ohhhhh its you and hang up :lol:

I'm waiting on the your pc has a virus call, going to say I'm a doctor and can detect they got a virus also and not to panick as its EBOLA and for 59.99 I'll get rid of it over phone :eek:
Their.

Their.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back