Off to Hamburg on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bop

Midfield
Any recommendations of what to do other than the obvious of getting pissed and heading to the red light district?

go to St. Pauli area and just knock about for a bit. its weird and wonderful and full of tremendous street art / graffiti . try and get to a game if possible.

also, the bar called Jolly Roger has some connection with some lads from sunderland, but I'm not exactly sure how. its a class bar anyway

Reactions: Bop
St Pauli stadium tour. Beer. Tits.

I was sick of drink by day 3 and had a mooch round the city centre, very nice and easy to get around via the subway.

go to St. Pauli area and just knock about for a bit. its weird and wonderful and full of tremendous street art / graffiti . try and get to a game if possible.

also, the bar called Jolly Roger has some connection with some lads from sunderland, but I'm not exactly sure how. its a class bar anyway

Cheers will look out for the Jolly Roger. Don't think there's a game on but going to a gig on my second night there which is the purpose of the trip.

Right now there's the Hamburg Dom on in St. Pauli, which is the biggest public festival in the north of Germany.

If you're into street art/graffiti/alternative lifestyle, you can also head to Schanzenviertel, which is right next to St Pauli. There's also a former theatre there which has been squatted since 1989. It's sort of a meeting point for everyone in this borough and around it you often have flea markets , exhibitions and there are loads of bars and cafes. Very laid back place.

Altona has loads of restaurants and bars as well. It has a different flair than the other boroughs of Hamburg, but actually this is my favourite part of the city.

I've never known that the Jolly Rogers has a Sunderland connection. It's "THE" FC St Pauli pub....
I will definitely give it a visit next time I'm in Hamburg to visit the inlaws.

i've only been to hamburg once, my only advice is to drink the beer, as much local beer as possible... and then some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back