Off work sick but seen out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't even fancy a beer to be honest, 7 weeks without a beer and the weekend before I was having the wires taken off I went out to watch the footy - had 1 try of a pint, put it down and ordered a tea

You have gone so far down in my estimation I may remove you from my Christmas card list.

You certified yourself unfit to work, not unfit to walk around town. You've done nowt wrong. Unless your job is simply walking around town of course.

Don't let them intimidate you.

Exactly. It's intimidation. If he gets any grief he should mention casually to colleagues that he's being intimidated & bullied & that he's not in any way obliged to have to stay in his home when off work sick. It won't be long getting back to management & they'll shit themselves once they hear the 'bullying' word.

you cant be sack if your ill or even suspected of pulling a sickie why its not even legal to not employ someone after interview due to a previous poor sickness record as its discriminatory

Exactly. It's intimidation. If he gets any grief he should mention casually to colleagues that he's being intimidated & bullied & that he's not in any way obliged to have to stay in his home when off work sick. It won't be long getting back to management & they'll shit themselves once they hear the 'bullying' word.
yes especially if you tell em your gay!

just because your not fit for work it doesnt confine you to the house, unless the reasons you were sick conflict with what you were seen doing. also were you actually supposed to be at work at the time you were seen, if not its got nothing to do with them.

you can be sacked while being on the sick, its a myth that you cant.

I think there's two categories of posters on this thread, those that are happy to pull sickies and take the piss and those who go to work and earn the money they're paid.

yes especially if you tell em your gay!

If I tell them my gay what?

I think there's two categories of posters on this thread, those that are happy to pull sickies and take the piss and those who go to work and earn the money they're paid.

What about the 3rd category?

The type who know that they don't have to stay at home peeping out from behind the curtains when they're out certified sick.

Last edited:
If I tell them my gay what?

What about the 3rd category?

The type who know that they don't have to stay at home peeping out from behind the curtains when they're out certified sick.
Nah, Thats encompassed within category one in subsection 'people who try to justify why they're taking the piss'.

Nowt wrong with that.

Lad I work with was off sick for a few days. Our manager went to his house to check he was really ill. If it was me ill and my door he knocked on I'd have probably clouted him for having the audacity to do it.

Why was your colleague spying on you when they were supposed to be at graft? This has Fatal Attraction written all over it.

Is this one of these threads where the OP makes one post and the rest is just people ripping the piss without him actually making a reply to tell us about his situation?

If so well played

You have gone so far down in my estimation I may remove you from my Christmas card list.

You were my favourite poster until I found out you had a xmas list and even worse that lamby was on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back