Office/work-based things that make you want to die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to try and explain this concept to fellow Mackems when we've gone abroad. It's nowt to do with trying to sound posh, there are just certain turns of phrase a foreigner might not be able to understand.

Saying things like "I got wrong" and "Ah wuz takern the piss lyk" ffs.

Are these people who you go abroad with spenks like?

I might try and find a podcast of a radio interview I did to illustrate how I now sound.

Don't spoil the illusion! Finding out what Seb looked like was such a let down

Are these people who you go abroad with spenks like?

No, but when we went to Berlin/Paris one of the lads was speaking GCSE level Spanish to people because he thought any foreign was better than no foreign. Saying 'gracias' and 'por favor' and that like. I feel physically ill thinking about it now actually.

No, but when we went to Berlin/Paris one of the lads was speaking GCSE level Spanish to people because he thought any foreign was better than no foreign. Saying 'gracias' and 'por favor' and that like. I feel physically ill thinking about it now actually.

We got on canny there. Out of the group of 6 of us two of us spoke decent German. Definitely helped trying to get into certain clubs etc'.

I've heard your voice it is canny deep like. I bet you've got a massive protruding adam's apple just like me.

Yup.

I once asked for a Coke in Spanish and got replied to in English.

I realised that day that if I can't even order something that simple in Spanish, I have no business trying to speak anything other than English.

We got on canny there. Out of the group of 6 of us two of us spoke decent German. Definitely helped trying to get into certain clubs etc'.

I was at a wedding at a village near Stuttgart in the summer and one of the lads said he spoke German.

Clocked him later on when we were all reasonably wrecked and he was just saying please, thank you, all is clear and beer please over and over and over again.

Apparently later on I was attempting to chat to the bride's brother who speaks no English by speaking in English with a German accent. :oops: I blame the plum wine/schnapps/brandy.

I was at a wedding at a village near Stuttgart in the summer and one of the lads said he spoke German.

Clocked him later on when we were all reasonably wrecked and he was just saying please, thank you, all is clear and beer please over and over and over again.

Apparently later on I was attempting to chat to the bride's brother who speaks no English by speaking in English with a German accent. :oops: I blame the plum wine/schnapps/brandy.

I did that. On an away weekend when I was working near Stuttgart. We were staying in a brewery in a village called 'Odenwaldstetten' (rough translation: Boring place in the woods) and all absolutely battered. We were speaking English because they speak English at Max Planck Institutes. At some point past midnight I developed a German accent :lol:

A few weeks ago :lol:

Your face was right up the camera, said something like 'I'm coming for you and I'm gonna bum ya'

Actually I remember that. I was stone cold sober :lol:

:lol:

Honestly man we all met up on the morning of the wedding and all the crack was about how Danny was off his tits and saying the same shite over and over again and then someone walks past and goes "yeah but not as bad as you mate, you were speaking in a f***ing German accent all night after trying to chat with Christian". I was ripped to shreds for the rest of the day.

Honestly man we all met up on the morning of the wedding and all the crack was about how Danny was off his tits and saying the same shite over and over again and then someone walks past and goes "yeah but not as bad as you mate, you were speaking in a f***ing German accent all night after trying to chat with Christian". I was ripped to shreds for the rest of the day.

Steve McClaren/Joey Barton style? :lol: :lol:

:lol: Wharra divvy.

:lol: "All is clear". The daft shite.

Last edited:
Just been told I've won £50 on the bonus ball (f***ing wow) and the fat laugher has emailed asking me if I'm buying the sandwiches tomorrow, she even put lol in the email

The fat fuck even laughs in writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back