Offshore workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same here Ouro.
I'm 55 next year and can start to take my private pension if I want to.
I always enjoy my time off, and I can honestly say that I have never been bored on my time off.
Can't wait to hang up my welding screen!!:lol::lol:
Where did you serve your time and did you do a proper apprentiship?

I'm a marine engineer.

Just started a 3 month trip with a 7 week old bairn at home, its going to kill is like! Need to get offshore for the shorter trips.

It's an easy route to early retirement. But I've seen some cracks of some of the lads being unhappy, especially missing bairns birthdays, weddings etc.

You can argue that you retire early and enjoy life then, but it's too late to see your bairn grow up etc, you do miss a lot.

But they will argue that they get 2 weeks at home to spend time with them I guess? But it's being stuck to a rota, and missing key dates that would nark me the most.

This is definitely the main cost. My bairns are teenagers now and it has flown by, can't have everything though..... although those 3 little fuckers aren't far off. :lol:

You're easily the most cheerful fellow on here like.
Old age isn't anything to be looking forward to.If you don't enjoy your life from 16-65 there's not much chance of you having the kip when ya fucked with arthritic pain or lonely as fuck cos your other halfs deed.

Who cares about being of use to anyone. We're not utensils.

Your not piss wise you at times mind.

Marine Engineer Cadet, if that counts. First trip will be 4 months away sometime next year, around March.

What company? Best 3 years of me life my cadetship.

Northern Marine (Stena)

The Maths is blowing my mind. Who you working for and why was it the best 3 years?

Last edited:
Northern Marine (Stena)

The Maths is blowing my mind. Who you working for and why was it the best 3 years?
Aye I struggled badly with the maths likr, I only scraped a C at GCSE! I was with trinity house, on the yachts now though.
Depends on the group of lads your with I suppose but we basically had a laugh, got pissed and chased lasses for 3 years.

Aye I struggled badly with the maths likr, I only scraped a C at GCSE! I was with trinity house, on the yachts now though.
Depends on the group of lads your with I suppose but we basically had a laugh, got pissed and chased lasses for 3 years.

How do you get onto yachts? I had an interview for Chiltern, who work with Trinity House and All Leisure and apparently a trinity house cadet did some of his time on Abramovichs yacht.

A tax free twat if you please.

I have worked with dozens of British lads that pay no tax. They should, they just don't. If ever HMRC ever connects with UK immigration using these electronic chips in passports they will be well fucked. 90 days (or 180 over 2 years) is the threshold, any more than that in the UK and you are taxable. These lads are on 35 /35 and have never paid a penny.

Aye, I've noticed that a long time ago - guys don't want to rock the boat.
Mostly the younger lads who are mortgaged up to the hilt and drive around in new BMW's in my experience.
The last time we had a wobble in the North Sea was in 1990 - and I got blacklisted from a certain company for going on strike and leading an overtime ban.
Empty your inbox mate.

I was with trinity house.

Done some work on Galetea a few times, and her Irish sister ship whos name escapes me. (Granuáil? sp) Seemed a canny laid back crew.

Old age isn't anything to be looking forward to.If you don't enjoy your life from 16-65 there's not much chance of you having the kip when ya fucked with arthritic pain or lonely as fuck cos your other halfs deed.

Your not piss wise you at times mind.
Gerrup happy jack!
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I have worked with dozens of British lads that pay no tax. They should, they just don't. If ever HMRC ever connects with UK immigration using these electronic chips in passports they will be well fucked. 90 days (or 180 over 2 years) is the threshold, any more than that in the UK and you are taxable. These lads are on 35 /35 and have never paid a penny.
I'm fully legit mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back