Offside rule!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just tell him, if you don't have 2 players behind you when the ball is played, you're offside.
And there is the perfect example of someone getting the offside rule wrong. The players don't have to be behind you, it depends on the direction of the ball and also on the half on the pitch the player is in too.

It isn't complicated, but when people try to simplify it they invariably get it wrong which then adds further confusion to anyone trying to learn it.

And there is the perfect example of someone getting the offside rule wrong. The players don't have to be behind you, it depends on the direction of the ball and also on the half on the pitch the player is in too.

It isn't complicated, but when people try to simplify it they invariably get it wrong which then adds further confusion to anyone trying to learn it.
By behind I meant between you and the goal btw.

I just meant as the general rule, it gets more complex when explaining you can't be offside from a goal kick or throw in etc.

Watching motd and trying ( with great difficulty) to explain to my mate who has no interest in football, how the offside rule works. I've literally tried every explanation and even used bottles of bud to explain: the fucker still doesn't understand and has me frustrated!!!!

Easy explanations anyone?????

The "rule" is a f***ing shambles now anyway.

Plenty people get caught out with that, when the keeper is out and they pass it and there's only one player.

Best to know the rules ;)
Yes, usually officials, pro's and players. Lee Clark recently iirc. It is quite unusual and the first time I saw it many years ago flummaxed me. Obviously was never aware of it until then.

When the ball is played. If there is not two opposing players between the player intending too receive the ball and the goal line. Then he is offside

If he doesn't understand that there's nee hope.

When the ball is played. If there is not two opposing players between the player intending too receive the ball and the goal line. Then he is offside

If he doesn't understand that there's nee hope.
To *. Unless it's a throw or corner or goal kick. Or the ball isn't played forward. Or in your own half. Or other stuff.

Watching motd and trying ( with great difficulty) to explain to my mate who has no interest in football, how the offside rule works. I've literally tried every explanation and even used bottles of bud to explain: the fucker still doesn't understand and has me frustrated!!!!

Easy explanations anyone?????

Put Dirty Dancing on and tell him when Johnny catches"Baby" in that dance..and there isn't 2 other dancers between him and the edge of the stage...he's offside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back