Ola Toivonen

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunderlandloyal

@RobRoweBT: BREAKING: Sunderland have enquired about Rennes forward Ola Toivonen. It is thought that the player wants a move away from France. #SAFC

Rennes signed him for £2million. If we can get him for £1.5m it's a bargain. Any transfers a bargain at that price

Not sure why people think he's shit. Alright if you ask me, but yes he is fairly slow. Then again he would probably work very well with Defoe.

Only downside I can see is his age.

Rennes signed him for £2million. If we can get him for £1.5m it's a bargain. Any transfers a bargain at that price
PSV wanted to get rid of him, Rennes wants to get rid of him...Is there any point in thinking he'll succeed in a better league? I would rather loan an exciting prospect for 1.5m.

PSV wanted to get rid of him, Rennes wants to get rid of him...Is there any point in thinking he'll succeed in a better league? I would rather loan an exciting prospect for 1.5m.

He's scored like 14 goals in 43 games in Ligue 1, as an attacking midfielder, that's about 1 in 3. What I'm saying is for £1.5m it's definitely worth it

He's scored like 14 goals in 43 games in Ligue 1, as an attacking midfielder, that's about 1 in 3. What I'm saying is for £1.5m it's definitely worth it
No, he played as an out and out striker. His record if average and his club wants to get rid.

He will be low on the list of targets, but maybe we are getting to that stage

I don't rate him, but considering we're facing the reality of having several out of Fletcher, Graham, Wickham, Defoe and Gomez in our starting line-up come the new season, he'd be a f***ing terrific signing at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back