Old TV programmes you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Maze under the guidance of Richard Bald Heed. not the reincarnated version with the floppy haired twat. sued to love getting annoyed at the stupid twats failing every time at the intelligence rooms! Favorite room was the one where you had to roll the massive cage to get the crystal that was inside a ball to the centre to drop through the hole. Oh and the one with the massive crossbow.

The Magic Boomerang - from Aussie TV, shown on Tyne Tees around 1964/5. A boomerang that stops time while in flight, enabling a boy to fight crime. A "high-concept" idea for a TV show if ever there was one. I wrote my first ever letter to TTTV age 6 asking if I could have one - I got a reply too ! This is the only full episode on YouTube, and is a rotten, rotten print.
I'd forgotten all about that one. Was it not a bit later than 64/65? When we were kids an uncle brought a real boomerang back from Australia and we went out hoying it round the back field but no way could we get it to come back, let alone make folks stand still (nearly) like that one on the telly.

BJ and the Bear
World of Sport
Grandstand

Never understood why the BBC axed Grandstand then continue to this day to show sport all Saturday afternoon. Did they just want Des Lynham off their wage bill or something?

The monkees
Bonanza
Alais smith & jones
Mork & mindy
Happy days
High chapparal
Virginian
Beverly hillbillies
Bilko
Dallas
Dynasty
Rockford files
Streets of san Francisco
Flipper
Taxi
Cheers
Frazier
Here’s Lucy,
Laramie,
Wells Fargo,
Lone Ranger
Bewitched…
adams family…
the munsters…
gunsmoke….
rawhide…
77 sunset strip….
the fugitive
abbot & Costello
CHIPS
Dr Kildare
Peyton Place

Threads.

Simply curious to see what young generations think of it now, at the time it made quite an impact when the cold war was at its height. Not at the same level of the "duck and cover" messages of the 1960s.

I'd forgotten all about that one. Was it not a bit later than 64/65? When we were kids an uncle brought a real boomerang back from Australia and we went out hoying it round the back field but no way could we get it to come back, let alone make folks stand still (nearly) like that one on the telly.

Yes, I think I was a year out, but it must have got to the UK pretty quick after it was first produced. Looking at the car in that first scene though it might as well have been 1935 !

Threads.

Simply curious to see what young generations think of it now, at the time it made quite an impact when the cold war was at its height. Not at the same level of the "duck and cover" messages of the 1960s.

Probably one of the bleakest programmes ever to be shown on UK TV - no wonder it didn't get a repeat for years. I watched my DVD copy again a few months ago and it looks quite stilted now, but just as depressing.

Last edited:
Till death us do part

The monkees
Bonanza
Alais smith & jones
Mork & mindy
Happy days
High chapparal
Virginian
Beverly hillbillies
Bilko
Dallas