One thing you do that is one of your life's little luxuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normally takes at least 10 minutes for my brain to start working doing crosswords.
He'll be referring to the Sun's quick one.

Another morning person here. Love early morning runs before anyone is awake. You see loads more wild animals as well.
Wild? I'd have thought they'd be absolutely livid when some monster comes charging through their habitat at that time of day when they normally expect peace and quiet.

So would it be different if the disabled person that was waiting for the toilet saw that the person coming out was also disabled?
A wait is a wait is a wait is it not?
But what about an unnecessary wait because there was a free cubicle available that the waiter couldn't use but the other could have, leading to catastrophe?

Last edited:
Genuine question for you here mate, almost every complaint you make about other people is about people in airports.

I'm not sure if this makes you a perfect passenger who on his holidays never steps out of line or if you just happen to fly very frequently and observe this kind of behaviour on a regular basis, but I've never heard of anyone having so many airport queueing related problems as yourself!

Not a complaint mind, the people you describe sound like knackers.
I fly about twice a week. Last year I made platinum with United which meant 90 flights in the year, plus a few others I made with other airlines, so that means I'm on a plane about twice a week going and coming. If you've seen George Clooney in 'Up In The Air', the opening scenes I was laughing my arse off as that was exactly my life. (Only I don't come home to an empty soulless flat with no bird, like him!)
Despite my apparent grouchy image on his board I really do love life but I would be hard pushed to find a greater concentration of complete window licking retards than in airports, and that includes the useless pathetic TSA staff. I've tried really hard to get into some kind of 'zen zone' but in reality my piss just reaches boiling point more and more easily with time. I quite like my job otherwise, and may be looking to make a change where I don't fly as much. I have over half a million frequent flier miles in my bank so that should keep me going for a while. I used to get excited in an airport as I was on my way either to somewhere fun and exotic or coming home, but now it's just part of the gig.

He'll be referring to the Sun's quick one.

Wild? I'd have thought they'd be absolutely livid when some monster comes charging through their habitat at that time of day when they normally expect peace and quiet.

But what about an unnecessary wait because there was a free cubicle available that the waiter couldn't use but the other could have, leading to catastrophe?

So was I. :lol:

does the same apply to disabled car-spaces?

Well no, I don't take a shit in them.

Room service in the bath for me.I take my phone and kindle,and ring the home phone once,and mrs R brings nibbles and drinks,at whatever frequency i ring.She finds it a pain in the arse,but insists on doing it,cos she can monitor how much vino i'm having.So we are both happy,and it keeps her fit.

I fly about twice a week. Last year I made platinum with United which meant 90 flights in the year, plus a few others I made with other airlines, so that means I'm on a plane about twice a week going and coming. If you've seen George Clooney in 'Up In The Air', the opening scenes I was laughing my arse off as that was exactly my life. (Only I don't come home to an empty soulless flat with no bird, like him!)
Despite my apparent grouchy image on his board I really do love life but I would be hard pushed to find a greater concentration of complete window licking retards than in airports, and that includes the useless pathetic TSA staff. I've tried really hard to get into some kind of 'zen zone' but in reality my piss just reaches boiling point more and more easily with time. I quite like my job otherwise, and may be looking to make a change where I don't fly as much. I have over half a million frequent flier miles in my bank so that should keep me going for a while. I used to get excited in an airport as I was on my way either to somewhere fun and exotic or coming home, but now it's just part of the gig.

There were knackers on our flight home yesterday.

There was a massive thunder storm over Spain yesterday morning. Flights were delayed due the weather which had a knock on effect on the rest of the days flights. We were told it would be about an hours delay when we checked in and to keep an eye on the screens for more information. It said gate A14 initially so we sat in some seats nearby. Then I noticed that a yellow plane had arrived at the gate so obviously it wasn't a Jet2 plane and it said the Aberdeen flight was at gate A14 on the screen. A few minutes late, a tanoy announcement said we'd now be departing from gate A12 so could all passengers make their way there. This was repeated several times and the screen was updated. Got on the plane and the pilot said we'd be leaving at 9pm. Then they discovered some passengers were missing so someone had to and round them up from gate A14 and fetch them to the correct plane. By the time they got on board, we'd missed the slot, so we had to sit on the tarmac for 45 minutes until we got another slot. I was tired and hungry and silently calling them all sorts of very unladylike names in my head.

What's your job, Tex?

@ becs - welcome to my world - I once got bounced like that four times at DFW, each time had to get the tram to a different terminal!!
@ Scimmy - clinical research
@ Frijj - daft bugga:lol::lol:

Is Tex really a Trolley Dolly?

He is. If I remember correctly he gives the impression on here that he's a well groomed, well-heeled gentleman with a taste for finer fashion but he can regularly be seen grumpily trotting across airports in the American Midwest sporting this gear:

Logon or register to see this image

Nah, he's actually a clinical researcher as he says he is. Seems to do alright out of it given how often he's off to NYC clothes shopping anarl! :lol:

He is. If I remember correctly he gives the impression on here that he's a well groomed, well-heeled gentleman with a taste for finer fashion but he can regularly be seen grumpily trotting across airports in the American Midwest sporting this gear:

Logon or register to see this image

Nah, he's actually a clinical researcher as he says he is. Seems to do alright out of it given how often he's off to NYC clothes shopping anarl! :lol:

Ah'm taking the first definition. The rest was white noise.

@ becs - welcome to my world - I once got bounced like that four times at DFW, each time had to get the tram to a different terminal!!
@ Scimmy - clinical research
@ Frijj - daft bugga:lol::lol:

G&T, pet;)

Take away on a Sunday. The future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back