Oneplus One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bet they're no where near as good as iPhones

As ever, comparing an iPhone with any Android phone is comparing Apples to Oranges - two different things that are not directly comparable.

But since I don't want an iPhone, comparing to other Android phones - I'd rather have a Oneplus One than ANY handset on the market. Regardless of price.
Top Spec phone there is today
Runs Cyanogenmod out of the box

Winner.

Freely available over here, (since May) in two versions (16GB/64GB internal storage).

Are you in China?

Yes, there's a chinese version, which uses different frequencies to the International version (also runs ColourOS, rather than Cyanogenmod)

Are you in China?

Yes, there's a chinese version, which uses different frequencies to the International version (also runs ColourOS, rather than Cyanogenmod)

I'm in Thailand and if you are seriously interested I can pm you with the specs of each model.

Maybe this could help?

I've no idea what to look for.

Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.5 inches (~401 ppi pixel density)

As ever, comparing an iPhone with any Android phone is comparing Apples to Oranges - two different things that are not directly comparable.

But since I don't want an iPhone, comparing to other Android phones - I'd rather have a Oneplus One than ANY handset on the market. Regardless of price.
Top Spec phone there is today
Runs Cyanogenmod out of the box

Winner.

Are you in China?

Plenty better phones on the market mate, just not at the price. BTW the ColourOS version can be 'upgraded' to Cyanogen.

I wish the major vendors would start to release Cyanogen models too.

Easier to post everything listed - this is the 16GB

NETWORK
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE 700 / 1700 / 2600 /2300 / 2100 / 1800
announced 2014, April
Release Date Available. Released 2014, May
SIZE
Dimension 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm (6.02 x 2.99 x 0.35 in)
Weight 162 g
DISPLAY
Type Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.5 inches (~401 ppi pixel density)
SOUND
Alert Type Vibration; MP3 ringtones
Speakerphone Yes
MEMORY
Storage 16 GB Internal Storage, 3 GB RAM
DATA
GPRS Yes
EDGE yes
Speed HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
BlueTooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB Host
CAMERA
Primary 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Video Yes, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, video stabilization, dual-video rec.
Secondary Yes, 5 MP, 720p
FEATURES
Operating System (OS) Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
Processor Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
Browser HTML5, Adobe Flash
Radio Stereo FM radio
Games Yes + Downloadable
Colors Black, White, Pink, Gold
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
BATTERY
Battery Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery

Missed the general description:

OnePlus One
OnePlus OneSmartphone comes with Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) operating system, Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait processor, Snapdragon 801, Adreno 330 GPU, Full HD JDI capacitive 1080 x 1944 pixels, 5.5 inches 401 ppi touchscreen, 16M colors, 16 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, microSD, up to 128 GB, 13 MP, 4160 x 3120 pixels, autofocus, LED flash Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR back and 5 MP, 1800p front camera with 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, video stabilization, HDR, EDGE, GPRS, GPS, 3G Wi Fi and 4G smartphone by OnePlus.

Other

SNS integration - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic - DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player - MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player - Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk - Organizer - Document viewer Photo viewer/editor - Voice memo/dial/commands - Predictive text input

Hopefully all of that makes sense to someone more "techno savvy" than I am.

Last edited:
Plenty better phones on the market mate, just not at the price. BTW the ColourOS version can be 'upgraded' to Cyanogen.

I wish the major vendors would start to release Cyanogen models too.

Yes, you can change the OS. But you can't change the radio frequencies, so it limits you.

Cant think of any better phone, spec wise, on the market today.
Who has the Snapdragon 801 and 3Gb Ram? The LG G3 maybe, but that's only coming out now.

Yes, you can change the OS. But you can't change the radio frequencies, so it limits you.

Cant think of any better phone, spec wise, on the market today.
Who has the Snapdragon 801 and 3Gb Ram? The LG G3 maybe, but that's only coming out now.
I'd say G3, One M8, GS5, Note 3 are clearly better overall. That is, if I could buy any of those for 1+1 price then I would (Google Play edition if available). There are also other, less high profile ones I like eg. OPPO N1 (also CM).

I'd say G3, One M8, GS5, Note 3 are clearly better overall. That is, if I could buy any of those for 1+1 price then I would (Google Play edition if available). There are also other, less high profile ones I like eg. OPPO N1 (also CM).

"Better" in what way?

Specs wise, only the G3 - and that's barely out yet. Mind, neither is the 1+ :lol:

"Better" in what way?

Specs wise, only the G3 - and that's barely out yet. Mind, neither is the 1+ :lol:

'Better' is obviously subjective. For me, important features are things like wireless charging, SD cards, removable battery, USB 3, camera, and especially 1200p (1080p is too narrow for Web browsing). Not so fussed about RAM/CPU as all the flagships are good enough in that department. All the ones I quoted (and a few I didn't) best the 1+1 in at least some of those areas. But again, you can't beat its price.

PS Gerrin Broady 88/3.

Reactions: PTR
Aye, the G3 is up there, like. That, the +1, M8 and, by the looks of things, iPhone 6, are/will be brilliant.

I've got one, finally got my invite three weeks ago, it's a huge phone, takes a little bit of getting used to the size, and the feel of the sandstone back cover. Put loads of music on it, barely filled the storage... 4G only works on 3 and EE... Gesture control can be a little pain in the arse when its in your pocket, flashlight goimg off etc... But the phone is unbelievably fast....

Got invites to give away, was going to do it via oneplus.net forums, as i didnt think the phone would have much awareness on here

5.5-inch full-HD screen, 13Mp camera, JBL stereo speakers, 2.5Ghz quad-core processor, and 3GB RAM - £229.

Not too shabby.

I've got one, finally got my invite three weeks ago, it's a huge phone, takes a little bit of getting used to the size, and the feel of the sandstone back cover. Put loads of music on it, barely filled the storage... 4G only works on 3 and EE... Gesture control can be a little pain in the arse when its in your pocket, flashlight goimg off etc... But the phone is unbelievably fast....

Got invites to give away, was going to do it via oneplus.net forums, as i didnt think the phone would have much awareness on here

Erm, I'll have one like. I've give you one back once I get it if you need it.

Edit: Which version is it for?

I've just upgraded to a Note 3 from an S3 and would have had one of these if I didn't get EE discount.

You get used to the size quickly and now when I pick up smaller phones it's like playing with a kids toy

Thought Id seen your name earlier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back