Oscar Pistorius verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sentence for the crime he's been convicted of is fair. He's not a murderer , he has been convicted of an accident caused by his negligence. People are more fearful in SA because of the gun culture and cheapness of life. My friend's mother was shot at work but luckily survived. Now moved back to Washington. Now if he knew what he was doing that's a different matter but only the two of them will know that.

The sentence for the crime he's been convicted of is fair. He's not a murderer , he has been convicted of an accident caused by his negligence. People are more fearful in SA because of the gun culture and cheapness of life. My friend's mother was shot at work but luckily survived. Now moved back to Washington. Now if he knew what he was doing that's a different matter but only the two of them will know that.
Erm the judge said that he did know what he was doing, that he knew there was someone in the small toilet cubicle and by firing four shots through the door into the cubicle that he was bound to hit what/who was in there.
He's got away with murder.

Even if this was an accident , at the end of the day the consequences are that a woman is lying dead.

Surely the sentence should reflect the seriousness of the outcome and ten months inside does not do this .

'My lady'

He had a gun because he was terrified about his lack of mobility if an intruder came into his home
Accidentally shot his girlfriend

Now I know he has deep psychological problems about having no legs and should have sought counselling long before before he that grave error he has to live with for the rest of his life which destroyed a family, but he is hardly a monster :confused:
He had a gun because he was a nut case, aye let him off then...

Even if this was an accident , at the end of the day the consequences are that a woman is lying dead.

Surely the sentence should reflect the seriousness of the outcome and ten months inside does not do this .

Why should the sentence be reliant on the aftermath of the event and not the actual event?

If he shot her, but the medics got there and saved her life, would that make his actions any less wrong just because he was lucky?

Why should the sentence be reliant on the aftermath of the event and not the actual event?

If he shot her, but the medics got there and saved her life, would that make his actions any less wrong just because he was lucky?

I would mean she was a witness and a canny good witness at that

He had a gun because he was terrified about his lack of mobility if an intruder came into his home
Accidentally shot his girlfriend

Now I know he has deep psychological problems about having no legs and should have sought counselling long before before he that grave error he has to live with for the rest of his life which destroyed a family, but he is hardly a monster :confused:

Or, he's a lying bastard. I personally find the whole intruder scenario and the events, as described by him, convenient and just not ringing true.
"Accidentally shot his girlfriend" my arse.

He would not be getting tried for manslaughter if this were the case.

I'm not saying the aftermath of someone's actions should completely decide the sentence but it must be considered.

Ten months inside for manslaughter is outrageous.

Ten months inside for manslaughter is outrageous.

If you push someone away, 999,999 times out of a million, they will not die.
1 in a million they will trip, and smash their head on a curb.
10 months in prison for a push ?

Its the action that is relevant, not just the outcome. He shot at the person, that's the important part.

They should have got Columbo in on this. It's a lot like the Columbo episode "Lady In Waiting" where a woman shoots her brother at night in such a way as to make it look like she thought it was an intruder.

If you push someone away, 999,999 times out of a million, they will not die.
1 in a million they will trip, and smash their head on a curb.
10 months in prison for a push ?

Its the action that is relevant, not just the outcome. He shot at the person, that's the important part.

The aftermath has to be relevant or he would be charged with another offence.

Someone has lost their whole life and the person responsible should be seen to pay for this.

If I pointed a laser pen at a plane and blinded the pilot I would receive a prison sentence.

If the pilot was blinded and he crashed the plane killing everyone on board, do you not think I should receive a slightly heavier sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back