Our defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still surprised we haven't signed another centre half to challenge JOS and Brown, personally I thought it would be right at the top of the list of priorities, especially after the early interest in Ashley Williams.

Still surprised we haven't signed another centre half to challenge JOS and Brown, personally I thought it would be right at the top of the list of priorities, especially after the early interest in Ashley Williams.

I assume it still is, but we just haven't got the right lad yet.....surprise, surprise we haven't got something sorted that we started ages ago.

Dunne - Ferdinand - Hill

I know its not first choice at QPR but that would be my slowest

I assume it still is, but we just haven't got the right lad yet.....surprise, surprise we haven't got something sorted that we started ages ago.

Understandably a loan up front is seen as a last resort - we want contracted firepower - although it's obviously possible to be chasing multiple targets I think a decent CB on loan is now nailed on due to the distractions we've had/have sorting other positions. We're one injury from a crisis at the back, given there will be suspensions across the back line. Someone will come in that is versatile hopefully.

Hope so mate. Roberge is OK if you need someone to fill in now and then but we need someone better to at least cover for the inevitable Brown absences, whilst JOS isnt getting any younger.

If they end up being caught one on one with a pacey striker then it would be not contest anyway.

It's as more about positioning and organisation but if they sit too deep against pace then they encourage the opposition to come forward.

If they end up being caught one on one with a pacey striker then it would be not contest anyway.

It's as more about positioning and organisation but if they sit too deep against pace then they encourage the opposition to come forward.

They tend to sit deep because they don't want to get caught for pace,particularly on the turn.They'd rather the opposition played in front of them rather than risk them running in behind. But,as you say,playing too deep in this league puts you under heavy pressure and it's usually our downfall.

JOS, Brown, Vergini, Roberge, Diakite.
I'm afraid that's it unless we get rid of Diakite to free up some wages.

Has anyone seen Vergini running at top speed... has me pissing mesel at how dodgy he looks :lol:
It's the way he holds his arms by his side, looks a bit uncoordinated.

I reckon we're still looking to bring in at least one more defender, and hopefully it's a younger, faster CB cover.

Don't Chelsea still have to get a foreign player off the books for a season due to Premier League and Champions League quotas? Sure I heard us linked to Zouma on loan, may have legs with Poyet and Congerton's Chelsea connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back