Our wort ever top level strikeforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking back to when I was trudging back to the train after we got relegated at Selhurst Park and saying to my fatha, well, its hardly suprising, craig Russell only scored 4 all season and Stewart was his strike partner.

That was a bad strike force but id love craig Russell now.

Graham, Jozy, Fletcher and Wickham. 30 million quid for maybe 15 goals this season. It is certainly our worst coals per pound combo. Any other strikeforces from years gone by that was this bad?

be surprised if they get 15 goals between them

we are 3 players short and it is obv. to see

a ball playing cm like Ki
that wide left forward which was Borini
and we lack that class up top that grabs us a winner even when we don't deserve it. They are not easy to find though, we have only had 2 (Super Kev & Bent) in the last what 16-17years?

must solve 2 of those problems in January, I like Wickham but have no confidence at all in the other 3, they will be gone this time next year

I was thinking back to when I was trudging back to the train after we got relegated at Selhurst Park and saying to my fatha, well, its hardly suprising, craig Russell only scored 4 all season and Stewart was his strike partner.

Graham, Jozy, Fletcher and Wickham. 30 million quid for maybe 15 goals this season. It is certainly our worst coals per pound combo. Any other strikeforces from years gone by that was this bad?
Craig russell was on the bench a lot that season as well. Paul Stewart played up front on his own a lot.

Craig Russell, pace aside, was worse than anyone we have now. Our worst stikeforce was Gray, LeTallec, Stead.

Craig russell was on the bench a lot that season as well. Paul Stewart played up front on his own a lot.

Craig Russell, pace aside, was worse than anyone we have now. Our worst stikeforce was Gray, LeTallec, Stead.

god aye that's bad.....im glad we have a mid table midfield, defense and keeper or we'd be fucked.

Le Tallec and Stead

Kyle and Proctor

Stead and Gray

Stewart and Howey

Flo and stewart

Phil Gray and Brett Angell

just off the top of my head

This is a long way from our worst strikeforce

not for the cost its not....I bet le tallec and gray cost peanuts

Le Tallec and Stead

Kyle and Proctor

Stead and Gray

Stewart and Howey

Flo and stewart

Phil Gray would get us 7 this season...I once saw him in A&E sunderland with blood pouring from his ear, a player at the xmas do had tried to bite his ear off.

not for the cost its not....I bet le tallec and gray cost peanuts

Phil Gray would get us 7 this season...I once saw him in A&E sunderland with blood pouring from his ear, a player at the xmas do had tried to bite his ear off.
and we only play one up front now and its wickham whos better than all of them

I guess not many people here watched the likes of Tom Ritchie or Ian Wallace.

I guess not many people here watched the likes of Tom Ritchie or Ian Wallace.

back it up with stats man....what they get?

Le Tallec and Stead

Kyle and Proctor

Stead and Gray

Stewart and Howey

Flo and stewart

Was Howey up front for us? I remember him from the Fulwell, a dark distant memory. I would have Don Goodman back in a second now.

Considering what we paid, it is pretty dire.

Not to at least bring in a striker on loan during the window reflects poorly on Congerton.

Bendtner and Sess? I think Larsson was out top goal scorer that season.

Considering what we paid, it is pretty dire.

Not to at least bring in a striker on loan during the window reflects poorly on Congerton.
I think we just put all our eggs in the Borini basket, by the time we gave up other clubs has snapped up the good available strikers.

back it up with stats man....what they get?

Was Howey up front for us? I remember him from the Fulwell, a dark distant memory. I would have Don Goodman back in a second now.
yep

he played up front against arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back