out of all our new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once it's hard to pick this kind of thing. I think Kaboul, M'Vila, Lens, Borini and Toivonen add some really quality to our squad and Yedlin, Coates and Matthews are decent squad players who are better than what we had for back up. I think it's been a good summer for us overall. Borini or M'Vila I think will have the biggest impact though.

M'Vila was my first though but we need to score goals and I think Lens will provide plenty of action in that department either scoring or creating. So It's Lens for me.

Toivonen was superb against villa, but need to see more.

Lens & Mvila have shown their class over a few games now.

It's possible that the 3 of them could have excellent seasons.

After this expected yet sad crayonicle article, I hope they literally tear the mags a new one collectively in the derby...

WTF have I just read? :eek:

Aside from their goalkeeper, Sunderland arguably still need to strengthen in just about every single position.

Do we?

Most of our signings couldn't get in their team, then names two :lol:

"Ola Toivonen also represents a risk following an uninspiring season in Ligue 1."

An uninspiring season where he scored a goal every 4 games, from midfield .......... this bloke's never heard of him has he :lol:

I don't usually click links to papers etc, I didn't realize the bias was so fking bad. I don't care how much I loved/hated a team I would give an honest assessment.

I think they all need to play a big part this year or we will be in trouble.
M'vila looks the best to me.

The one player, subject of course to what happens in February, who I think could benefit most from the new signings is Johnson.
If he doesn't have to carry the creativity mantle for the whole team, it might just let him off the leash.

Sounds bonkers and I could be way off, but I think this Yedlin kid from USA could be class from what I've seen and from what I've heard. Could be the real surprise package this kid.

Also I think home grown Watmore will break into the side this season - maybe 2nd half. Terrific prospect.

Borini. Hands down, although M'vila's looks amazing so far and Rodwell is doing enough to look like a new signing...
Whoa, easy tiger. A bit of over bigging up ganning on here...

Yedlin. Going to go the same way as Rose/Evans/Welbeck/Borini. Another loan player we were not keen on, then we are begging The club to buy them only to be disappointed.

Yedlin. Going to go the same way as Rose/Evans/Welbeck/Borini. Another loan player we were not keen on, then we are begging The club to buy them only to be disappointed.
I'd have said Toivonen fits that bill better tbh, don't think many if any thought he.was an especially inspired signing but his 45 at Villa seems to have a lot doing an about turn, of course it's the earliest of days but his impact could be bigger than anyone had dared hope (but still think back to Bridcutt v mags for some balance....!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back