Over 40,000 Britons will be killed in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurker

Striker
by not being able to keep warm in the cold

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather/11382808/Winter-death-toll-to-exceed-40000.html

That's one every seven minutes

This is a tragedy, a silent tragedy that not many people know about, hence this thread.

Remember this the next time the news is telling us we need to spend billions on military equipment and wars to 'save lives'

And when they cut tax credits for workers etc

Btw, before you go calling me a leftie, I'm all for the action in Syria, we could quite easily solve this problem, the death toll was half this amount 3 years ago.

For comparison, cold weather in Britain will kill a similar amount of people that the Nagasaki atomic bomb killed.

Great use of non-existent statistics in that article like. Love to know where they get them numbers from.

'It's a FACT that every seven minutes an old person COULD die from the cold'.

It's also a fact that Shakirah could call me today to come round and give me some birthday rumpy pumpy. The missus is at work so her timing would be perfect.

More people die in the winter, its a simple fact of life. As the article says, the reasons are unknown, yet you have come to the conclusion cutting defence spending, which is already dangerously low, is the answer...

It's a shame they couldn't bring the weather with them, the refugees there Marra

I have never known a lass refuse to have the heating on! Jesus

Our lass grew up in a cold house and is constantly turning the thermostat down.:evil:

More people die in the winter, its a simple fact of life. As the article says, the reasons are unknown, yet you have come to the conclusion cutting defence spending, which is already dangerously low, is the answer...

George has just given them £30 off their energy bills man, that'll sort it.

Our lass grew up in a cold house and is constantly turning the thermostat down.:evil:

40,000 extra people than would normally be expected is not a 'fact of life'

With regards to military spending being low, it's currently 2 per cent of our GDP, which is almost double what Germany, for example, spends on defence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather/11382808/Winter-death-toll-to-exceed-40000.html

This is a tragedy, a silent tragedy that not many people know about, hence this thread.

Remember this the next time the news is telling us we need to spend billions on military equipment and wars to 'save lives'

Btw, before you go calling me a leftie, I'm all for the action in Syria, we could quite easily solve this problem, the death toll was half this amount 3 years ago.

For comparison, cold weather in Britain will kill a similar amount of people that the Nagasaki atomic bomb killed.

Agreed.

I disagree marra - those deaths are preventable deaths

Why are you quoting an article that was published on 1 February but then talking about "will be killed in the next few months"?

For your info, here's the final figure:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34919149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back