Pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed kills. It's always better to have pace than not. I'm actually somewhat excited to see all these new players together in action. Hopefully the coaching staff can find a good fit out of the lot and produce some exciting play.

Speed kills. It's always better to have pace than not. I'm actually somewhat excited to see all these new players together in action. Hopefully the coaching staff can find a good fit out of the lot and produce some exciting play.
We definitely need to stop the hoofball to no one tactic

Richardson was absolute lightning! And Henderson had some energy on him

Not even close
If you take an XI from that time and put it up against an expected one from now it looks at least comparable. todays is certainly considerably quicker in defence for instance and probably comparable up top.

Welbeck, Bent, Gyan, Campbell

We have Lens and who else in attacking positions? Borini has a bit of acceleration but not the same.

Wasn't talking soley in attack. PVA and Yedlin very quick. Maybe only Campbell in the same bracket.

Just happy we can finally even debate the pace of the team. All previous threads would have been about the slowest team in history!

don't know if it matters too much but our midfield must still be the slowest in the league. toivonen (from that one half i've seen him) and gomez in particular

I think Altidore had speed in a straight line, it's just that he had the turning circle of a Chinese container ship.

I don't think he has much speed actually. A bit above average probably but nothing like Yedlin's got. Altidore is more of a bull who doesn't really use it to his advantage enough.

I think Altidore had speed in a straight line, it's just that he had the turning circle of a Chinese container ship.
I disagree. I've never seen Altidore outrun anyone, ever.

I don't think he has much speed actually. A bit above average probably but nothing like Yedlin's got. Altidore is more of a bull who doesn't really use it to his advantage enough.

Altidore is broken man and mentally as weak as they come... Jozy's worst influence is Jozy.

Nowhere near mate

at one point we had Welbeck, Gyan, Bent, Campbell then in midfield Henderson, Richardson and Meyler before his knee who was quick

Still lacking a bit of power upfront for me

Didn't we have Onuhua(sp) at right back on that tema too, he was swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back