RR Pedigree Or Premium - Congerton's Struggles With Conflicting Remits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevos

Winger
http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/201...-congertons-struggles-with-conflicting-remits

After repeatedly defending Di Fanti and his disastrous spell as DOF, Captain Fishpaste is now full of empathy for Congerton and the difficult situation in which he finds himself.

I have to say, this Michael Graham seems more than happy to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. I'll bet he's a thoroughly nice chap to have a pint with.

Sunderland's continued struggle for major breakthroughs in the transfer market is frustrating everyone, Gus Poyet apparently very much included. But is Lee Congerton really the villain of the piece? As the weeks have gone on without major breakthroughs in the transfer market, there has been a lot of sympathy generated amongst the supporters for...

More at Roker Report...

Why wouldn't you want to give him a chance? Being our dof is a difficult job for anyone.

I do want to give him a chance - and I generally like the pieces Capt. Fishpaste writes, I just don't agree with his insistence that Di Fanti's time at the club was anything other than a complete disaster.

I do want to give him a chance - and I generally like the pieces Capt. Fishpaste writes, I just don't agree with his insistence that Di Fanti's time at the club was anything other than a complete disaster.
I think it's always going to be harsh to judge any dof on one transfer window, especially given our situation. He was a bit shit tho.

It wasn't. It didn't go anywhere near as well as hoped but it was not a complete disaster especially when you look at the circumstances at the time.

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/201...-congertons-struggles-with-conflicting-remits

After repeatedly defending Di Fanti and his disastrous spell as DOF, Captain Fishpaste is now full of empathy for Congerton and the difficult situation in which he finds himself.

I have to say, this Michael Graham seems more than happy to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. I'll bet he's a thoroughly nice chap to have a pint with.

He's new in the job.... why wouldn't you give him a chance...??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

He can only work the budgets he has, people blaming him are just getting up in arms for the sake of it. Saying just sign someone just pay this, the blokes hands are tied and he's doing his best with what he has to work with. It's always going to be a slow process in that situation. I'd rather that and go in to the season with the squad we have plus a couple of additions and then put under 21s on the bench than panic but and spend over the odds on players we haven't really took our time over

Worked in the same company as him for a while a few years back. Had nothing to do with the lad but the people who did said he was a f***ing twat.

Roker Report is now just an advertising vehicle for SAFC, it's very rare they write anything negative about the club these days and it's all about promoting tickets for SAFC.

It wasn't. It didn't go anywhere near as well as hoped but it was not a complete disaster especially when you look at the circumstances at the time.

What we don't know though and I do not think it wise to give my opinions (or encourage others to speculate) upon is why he may have been given the boot!

Roker Report is now just an advertising vehicle for SAFC, it's very rare they write anything negative about the club these days and it's all about promoting tickets for SAFC.
You seem surprised that a site written by SAFC supporters is pro SAFC.

Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back