Pedophile Hunter on TV now

Status
Not open for further replies.
How easy would that be to fix?

As per the program last night, all he has to do is follow a bloke down the street with a camera & there's a mob of people calling the bloke a peado, would you trust him to have that amount of power?

The bloke can ruin peoples lives, it'd be very easy for him to frame someone

Exactly.

In the mean time the blokes life has been ruined, not to mention that of his family. Shit sticks.

Im not disputing that. My point is that no owner of a website like that would deliberately target innocents because, regardless of the effect it may have on one or two innocent people, it would very quickly be proven that hes targetting innocents, the website would be shut and, if not jailed, the owner would definitely be sued for libel. So as a way of making more money on a "slow month" it would be entirely self defeating

There's different levels of being a victim.

If someone punched me in the face, I'd think "what a ****" hit him back, might take a few weeks for any scars, bruises, breaks to heel and possibly a bit of aggro with the law.

If someone nonced me as a bairn, I honestly don't know what I'd think because it is horrific, they are scarring kids, leaving them with severe mental, physical and emotional issues, robbing them of a childhood and in most cases their honesty by making them lie to people around them about whats going on, messing up any relationships they may have in the future, years if not a lifetime of pain and suffering.

If you think these two things are the same then you're an absolute knob.

I have been attacked by people as a kid for no reason, was canny scarring tbf, dont think being raped would have been much worse.

Jesus, you're missing the point.

He could do that to anyone and get the same reaction - and thats dangerous.
Im not missing the point at all. Why would he do that? Because he's got tattoos and has done a bit of bird? He is obviously exacting revenge for his abuse by targetting sex offenders. Why would he jeapordise all his hard work to 'stitch' someone up? Makes no sense whatsoever

But the damage is already probably done by then - as mentioned earlier, the mob mentality will target anyone accused - irrespective if they were then let off.

Mud tends to stick - we all probably remember a number of high profile cases and how many of us think those 'accused' but later let off, are actually innocent - or just had a good lawyer ?

See my reply to walesie, im not saying it wouldnt ruin someones life, im saying that as a method of earning extra money for the website owner it would be totally selfdefeating

Im not disputing that. My point is that no owner of a website like that would deliberately target innocents because, regardless of the effect it may have on one or two innocent people, it would very quickly be proven that hes targetting innocents, the website would be shut and, if not jailed, the owner would definitely be sued for libel. So as a way of making more money on a "slow month" it would be entirely self defeating

A very logical thought process.

Did you see the state of the bloke on the program last night?

Im not missing the point at all. Why would he do that? Because he's got tattoos and has done a bit of bird? He is obviously exacting revenge for his abuse by targetting sex offenders. Why would he jeapordise all his hard work to 'stitch' someone up? Makes no sense whatsoever
I'm not saying he will, I'm saying he could - and that to me is a lot of power for someone as fucked up as he appears to be,

I wouldnt put myself in a position to be either as I am a good citizen. Being called a scumbag or a paedophile is just as bad as the other, both shame you.

The fact you think paedos and the random bloke hitting someone are the same, you sir are not a good citizen.

A good citizen would recognise between evil and idiot
I have been attacked by people as a kid for no reason, was canny scarring tbf, dont think being raped would have been much worse.

So this is where your crazy comments are coming from.... I should have guessed.

So if he had been suited and booted and well spoken, would that sway your view?
it's got nowt to do with the way he dressed man. Did you think he seemed like a well balanced individual?

He seemed batshit mental to me - and I couldn't give a shit how many tattoos he has.

I was also attacked by a group of lads when I was 15, and I know for a fact if I was raped it would have been a hell of a lot worse.

Christ once, my nose sorted itself out I forgot all about it

I wouldnt put myself in a position to be either as I am a good citizen. Being called a scumbag or a paedophile is just as bad as the other, both shame you.

Are you gonna answer the question? Please answer it. I have my suspicions as to why you won't answer it. Now is your chance to prove me wrong.

I'm a good citizen, myself but I'd much rather be called a scumbag for the rest of my life than to be called a paedophile just once.

These groups are making money out of hunting peados through their website, whats to stop them 'exposing' innocent blokes if its a slow month or they've got some big bills to pay ?

I would guess the law is stopping them.

The majority of people struggle to pays bills to pay without breaking the law.

it's got nowt to do with the way he dressed man. Did you think he seemed like a well balanced individual?

He seemed batshit mental to me - and I couldn't give a shit how many tattoos he has.
He seemed like someone who has been severely abused. He may not be in your terms 'well balanced'. But I think it was clear to anyone watching the programme that his only targets are peadophiles. Perverts who start talking to underage girls online for the sole purpose of sexual gratification. Those are the people he wants to stop and those are the people he is targetting. Like I said, anyone who doesn't try to groom kids really has nothing to worry about.

He seemed like someone who has been severely abused. He may not be in your terms 'well balanced'. But I think it was clear to anyone watching the programme that his only targets are peadophiles. Perverts who start talking to underage girls online for the sole purpose of sexual gratification. Those are the people he wants to stop and those are the people he is targetting. Like I said, anyone who doesn't try to groom kids really has nothing to worry about.

He's obviously got massive anger issues, which is why he burned a school down, not someone that should have the amount of control he does over other peoples lives.

He's not the only person out there doing this either, there are numerous groups up & down the country & I'd imagine theres only going to get more following this & whats gone on with the Asian gangs.

I'm not comfortable with someone with no training or experience being given the power of judge jury & executioner, if you are feel free to join the mob.

He's obviously got massive anger issues, which is why he burned a school down, not someone that should have the amount of control he does over other peoples lives.

He's not the only person out there doing this either, there are numerous groups up & down the country & I'd imagine theres only going to get more following this & whats gone on with the Asian gangs.

I'm not comfortable with someone with no training or experience being given the power of judge jury & executioner, if you are feel free to join the mob.
Well until the authorities are seen to be doing more about the issue, then unfortunately these people I feel will continue. I don't think its about joining the mob. Its about wanting these sick individuals off the streets. Its not like they are luring them to a house then kicking seven bales of shit out of them. They are proving they are sexual predators, then handing the evidence to the police.
I really do not see what the issue is. Like I say, I think he should be applauded, and as he is obviously very good at it, the police should use his expertise.
The fact is we live in a country with a bizarre justice system. How someone who can chat to an 11 year old girl about taking her virginity, and send pictures of semen oozing from their cock, only get a suspended sentence is beyond me.
But as we aren't going to agree on the issue we might as well leave it there.

I'm all for catching these scum bags, but I don't think a convicted arsonist can take the high ground. The police, who are trained in these matters need step up.

What I got from the show is how unhinged this guy was, he looked 2 minutes away from a break down and seemed to get some strange sexual buzz sex texting paedophiles.

no one is doing that, they're expressing concern for the repercussions to their families and also concern for the fact some of his tactics maybe admissible in court. Let the police do their job and hand all information over straight away or some of these scum may walk like they did on last nights show.

Given what's gone on in Rotherham and many other towns and cities in England over the last 15 years I have little confidence in the police's ability to deal with sex offenders.

I'm all for catching these scum bags, but I don't think a convicted arsonist can take the high ground. The police, who are trained in these matters need step up.

What I got from the show is how unhinged this guy was, he looked 2 minutes away from a break down and seemed to get some strange sexual buzz sex texting paedophiles.
So because he was convicted for arson, he can't expose these perverts? why?
The only buzz he seemed to get was the satisfaction that these weirdos were being exposed. I think the abuse he received in care has obviously damaged him, but don't see the relevance with him doing such a good job to catch these perverts out

So because he was convicted for arson, he can't expose these perverts? why?
The only buzz he seemed to get was the satisfaction that these weirdos were being exposed. I think the abuse he received in care has obviously damaged him, but don't see the relevance with him doing such a good job to catch these perverts out

I agree. One question, though. Why doesn't he call old bill so they are there waiting when these guys turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back